Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Review: Etude House Rosy Lip Tint #4 & #7

Hi everyone! I finally got around to write one more review of the ones I've promised. Today, I'll share my opinion about the Etude House Rosy Lip Tints with you. :)

(Source: eBay

Out of this beautiful selection of colours, I got myself #4 (Sweet Poison) and #7 (Tea Rose). I think both of them are gorgeous fall colours. :)
I got them from eBay for roughly 9$ per piece. 

Packaging: 




In my opinion, the packaging is one of the most gorgeous ones there has ever been! Etude House really though of something for their collection. Normally, I throw away packages of lipsticks & so on right after I get them but these are just too cute I might even keep them. >3<



Besides the Korean instructions, Etude House also included an English translation so it is easy to use, even as a foreigner. 



The plastic tubes come with detachable sponge applicators. I'm not a big fan of them but since you can take them off it's not a big deal. :) One thing is really tedious, however: The plastic tubes are REALLY hard to squeeze, which means getting the lip tint out of the packaging is actually quite a hassle. This has prevented me from using them a couple of times already because I was just too lazy in the morning to get through the whole squeezing process. :(


Swatches:


Bare lips 
#4 Sweet Poison

#7 Tea Rose

 I'm sorry that the application looks a bit messy but that's because I actually tried to do full lips with the sponge that is included. Needless to say, I don't really like it.

#4 Is definitely my favourite out of those two! I love the pink tint with a slight hint of purple. I think it goes soo well with the latest fall trends and it really makes my lips pop. The coverage of this one is really good in my opinion, but you will need an extra layer to acheive the colour I have on my lips.

#7 Kind of disappointed me. It looks like I'm not really wearing any liptint at all. It took me a lot of product to acheive this look since it's quite sheer. I thought it would be more of a nude beige than a pink. :S

Moisture: Since I have very dry lips, moisture is always a big point when I select lip products. Unfortunately, those lip tints are really drying out my lips and I need to treat them with lip balm every 1-2 hours, making the tint fade. :(

Staying Power: I honestly have to say that I didn't expect them to stay on my lips that long! Especially when applied as gradient, they hold up to 6 hours + drinking. :)

Texture & Finish: For my taste, it's a little too creamy for a lip tint. Its creamyness actually makes it hard to apply with the sponge applicators.
The finish is matte, which I like a lot. :)

Other Usages: Etude House claims that this lip tint can also be used on your cheekbones and as eyemakeup (mixed with bb cream) but I haven't really tested that out yet. If you're interested in how it's done, you can check out Kirsten's Review on the Etude House &Rose collection lip tints, she already tested it and I think it looks really good. :)


I already created a gradient lip look with #4 that I thought I could share with you again in this post. :)
For this look, I used Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream on my lips to cover my natural colour up. I actually like the look of gradient lips more than the look of full lips because it's more subtle and I feel more comfortable with them everyday.


Pro's:

Nice colours
Long lasting power
Doesn't smudge that easily
Nice for gradient lips

Con's:

The packaging!!!! TT__TT

Repurchase? Probably not. There are soo many more liptints I want to try and the packaging is such a huge turnoff that I would not purchase more lip tints of this kind. I really like the prduct, don't get me wrong, I just wouldn't spend more money on them than I already have. :)

What do you think of the Rosy Lip Tints by Etude House? :) Tell me! x 

- Elina




20 comments:

  1. Pretty color. I think I like #7 ^^ that's too bad it's dying your lips elina :( but no 4 is also pretty ^^ thank you for your review

    misaraisu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a shame. :( But it's not like that can't be fixed with a little lip balm. :) Thank you for reading! <3 x

      Delete
  2. this looks really nice! I want to try #8 after blossom :)

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #8 is a very beautiful colour too! x
      Thank you for stopping by, Angel. :) <3

      Delete
  3. I really like the colours, but yeah - I've heard lots of people not liking the packaging and how hard it is to squeeze! Definitely not my thing, if it's hard to use... D:

    Junniku blog [Click!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging really is a shame! :( Maybe Etude House releases a similar product in a different packaging in the future. :) That'd be great. Thanks for reading, June. :) <3 x

      Delete
  4. The box is so pretty! But it sucks that the packaging is disappointing >___<. I really like the colour of #8 though ; u;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think #8 looks really pretty too! I would love to know how that colour looks on my lips.

      Delete
  5. I don't think these colour will show up that much on my lips because my lips are damn dark. #darklipproblems

    Thanks for the review though
    http://miss-peiyien.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! :( I don't really use any lip tints without putting some bb cream on my lips beforehand because -even though they look really light in the pictures- my lips are quite dark. ;.; Thank you for reading! x

      Delete
  6. love it because it's matte ,great colours!
    maybe you want to follow each other?
    let me know :)
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the colours too! :) I'll let you know x

      Delete
  7. Sweet Poison looks really pretty. I'd love to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does! :) x Thanks for reading, Mai <3

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the review!! I was thinking about purchasing #7, but I don't think I will after your review...butttt I might get #8 since the color is so nice ; A;;. Both colors do look good on you though xx

    http://honnetatemae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's what reviews are there for ^^°... The colour is still very nice but I found it a little underwhelming. #8 must be really pretty too! I hope you like the product. :)
      Thank you very much for stopping by at my blog! <3

      Delete
  9. The tea rose is a beautiful color. *A* I love the natural look.
    I wish that application was easier though. :< It seems hard to make neat lines.
    Thank you for the review! <3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please check out my blog if you have the time! ;v;
    pandagin.blogspot.com

    ☆ gin ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! :) I followed you <3

      Delete
  10. It's a shame you didn't really enjoy this tint! I do agree that the Etude House dear girls line doesn't have the best packaging, but the colours look quite nice, espcially the tea rose one :)
    Thanks for the review!

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. :) <3 It's really a shame about the packaging. I think if I'd try to apply it with a normal lip brush, I'd maybe enjoy them more.

      Delete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet