Sunday, 27 October 2013

Review: Innisfree Tapping Lip Concealer

Hi everyone! Are you doing okay? I hope you are. :) I for myself have been constantly sick for like two weeks now. x__x Oh well, let's get into the review, shall we? :)

Today, I will share my opinion on the Innisfree tapping lip concealer.

Source: eBay

Packaging:

What I like especially about innisfree's products is that they come wrapped in recycled paper and that they use soy ink to print their packaging. :) The whole concept of innisfree seems more eco friendly than of other brands, which makes the brand seem more mature in general.
They also don't follow the trend of cute packaging over content, which I also really like. :)




They only really give you the korean information on the packaging so you will have to do some research on your own if you want to know what the product itself consists of. 




In this picture, the product seems really dark, but don't be fooled! It's not that dark actually.

Don't be fooled either by how big this little jar looks like in the photos! It contains 3,5g of product and it fits into every travel sized make up bag. :) It's actually not that much bigger than a coin. 

I know that some people are really concerned about hygenics so this might be a turn-off for you: There is no brush / spatula included so you will either have to use one of your own or you'll have to dip your fingers into the jar to get the concealer out! I found that using a brush is kinda difficult because the product seems like it needs to warm up a bit before its used. 

Swatches:




Bare Lips


With concealer

So as you can see, the concealer does a really good job on my rather rosy lips. :) I found that is has quite a good coverage after a couple of tabs. If you have a darker lipcolour than I have, you might need to apply a second layer to get similar results. 

Moisture:
I have very sensitive lips that need a lot of moisture but this product -unlike many others- did not dry my lips out at all! They felt really silky and smooth after applying the concealer, even though I did not put any lip balm on beforehand. :) Big plus!

Staying Power:
I think that depends on the lipstick you apply over it. 

Pro's
Really good coverage
Nice moisturizing effect
Nice amount of product for a small price
Eco friendly packaging

Con's
Not very hygenic

Repurchase? If I ever run out, yes. :) 

Where to buy: f2plus1 eBay for 6,30USD

What do you prefer to use in order to get a nice nude lip colour? Concealer or Lipstick? Tell me, please! x

- Elina x


9 comments:

  1. I never used a concealer for a nude lip color, but this one looks and sounds great ! The only thing that bothers me is when I have to apply it and I am not at home so my hands aren't just washed, cause it feels not healthy to do that, as you also stated ! Great review =)

    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's much easier this way than with a nude lipstick. :)
      Thank you for reading, Vale! I'll check out your blog. :) <3

      Delete
  2. Oh my god, seems like the answer to my cosplay lips! *A* I will definitely be buying this soon.
    I've been using concealer for the longest time, but it just doesn't give the moisture I need. :'<
    Thank you so much for the review! <3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please check out my blog if you have the time! ;v;
    pandagin.blogspot.com

    ☆ gin ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help with your cosplay. :3 Now that you say it, this is actually perfect for cosplay lips! *_*
      I'll check out your blog. :3 <3

      Delete
  3. Hi I'm your new reader from Indonesia :D
    i think you can take it from the pot with lip brush/cotton bud/tooth pick lololol
    anyway it's a great review, I think this one was better than etude lip concealer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evelyn! :) Thank you so much for reading my blog, it makes me really happy!
      Actually, that is a really good idea as to how the lip concealer could be used too but I actually aim to review products as they come without using a lot of expedients. :) <3

      Delete
  4. thank you so much for reviewing this! there are only 2 reviews on innisfree's korean website & they arent detailed enough ><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! You might want to check this out >> http://uruminase.blogspot.sg/2013/11/review-innisfree-tapping-lip-concealer.html

    I was browsing for reviews and kind of realised she wrote exactly the same things as you for this lip concealer lol. Helpful review btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. someone copied your review... like exactly word for word..

    http://uruminase.blogspot.ca/2013/11/review-innisfree-tapping-lip-concealer.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet