Thursday, 21 November 2013

Review: H&M Lip Balm - Vanilla Cake

Hi everyone! Soo... it has been almost a full week since my last post and I can't really think of any proper excuse for that. Well, I have been busy with books. :) I've read the whole Divergent series + Brave New World and I already have plenty of new books. :o I absolutely love reading in the cold months of the year. <3


So, when I was at H&M for the last time, I picked up this lip balm I was really curious about because it said "Vanilla Cake". I am generally very curious about the new Make Up line that H&M has recently released here. :) I might pick some products up to review if you would be interested in them, too.

So, let's jump straight into the review:

Packaging:






1 lip balm contains 17gramms of product

So, to be all honest, I have to admit that the packaging was a biiig factor when purchasing this. I think the design looks really cool. However, the packaging is a little impractical. The lid does not seem to close as firmly as I would like it to, so I am a little afraid to take it with me.
Also, you will have to dip your fingers into the lipbalm every single time you use it, which is a hygenic no-go for me when it comes to products I use a lot.

Flavour:
I was pleasantly surprised by how the lipbalm really tastes like vanilla cake. :) It reminds me a bit of those vanilla cookies you can get during Christmas time. 

Swatches and Moisture:



I am sooo sorry about this but I actually forgot to take swatches of this lipbalm on my lips. q^q
I applied it right before taking the pictures but I think you can see how well it moisturizes just as well on my hand. :)

Pro's
True to flavour
Nice moisture

Con's
Not very hygienic
The lid does not close very firmly

Price: 2€ for 2g. Not that bad

Repurchase? Probably not but maybe I'll try some different flavours.

What do you think about H&M's Make up products? Are they worth investing in? :)

- Elina

P.S.:  We got cupcakes today <3




6 comments:

  1. The packaging looks so chic!! The cupcakes makes me hungry… ><

    Justsoapril.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were veeery delicious hehe ^.^ I really wish I hadn't eaten them already, though. :(
      Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. Amazing post! :)
    I'd like to invite you to my VERY FIRST INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY. The rules are really simple, and the gift is a voucher for shopping... You choose what, so please join! :) I expect you. Good luck xx
    http://tinasstylesinners.blogspot.com/2013/11/international-christmas-giveaway-gift.html
    xo, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. H&M make up products aren't the greatest. One of their eyeshadows left me with a huge negative impression. :'< It cracked as soon as I gently placed my bag on the floor. OTL
    This lip balm seems nice though! Not too happy about using fingers since my nails are super long. OTL
    Thank you for the review! <3

    http://pandagin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experiences. I might not give the other make up products a go, in that case, but the lip balms really are nice. :) If they only would come in a stick form :(

      Delete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet