Thursday, 7 November 2013

Review: Missha Love Secret Handcreme Peony Rose - Winter Special Edition

Hello everyone! :) I'm really sorry for the lack of posts lately but ever since November started, I've kinda switched to hermit mode. .__. Which means that I read an awful lot (you will soon know what I read since I won't be able not to post a spoiler free review) and also that many of my exams are coming up now and I gotta study. Believe me, I'd rather not. *lol*

Anyway, I found the time to bring you my long promised review of the Missha Love Secret handcreme in Peony Rose. :) This is actually the last of my items from my f2plus1 haul.

Source: f2plus1

The winter special edition of Missha's Love Secret handcreme comes in the scents Peony Rose, Cherry Blossom, Lemongrass, Green Grape and White Cotton. :) When I ordered mine, almost all of the scents were sold out so I got Peony Rose. I really want to know what White Cotton smells like, though. 

Packaging:



The ingredients list is fully in Korean. :( 


I absolutely love the christmas flair that this handcreme has. :) Each design is special in its own way and I really like the candle print they used for Peony Rose. The candles are golden glittering just like the cap, as you can maybe tell from the picture. :) This makes the tube look really sophisticated in my opinion.

When I first opened this handcreme, I had to remove a plastic seal from Missha from the back of the tube. I did, however, forget to take a picture of it. :S 

On the picture it looks quite big but in reality, the tube is actually quite small. :) It is really travel friendly, which is actually something I'm looking for in handcreams when I buy them, since I most often apply them on the go. 

Swatches




I don't really know if you can tell it from the pictures, but after applying a pea size amount of handcreme on my dry hands, the skin feels really well moisturized and soft. :) 
Usually, my hands feel much dryer than in these pictures, so when it starts snowing, this creme will be of much use for me. 

Stickyness: 
To my surprise, my skin absorbed the creme really quickly and after a few minutes it only felt really smooth and not sticky at all. This is definitely an improvement to the previous creme I used as it left my hands sticky for more than 10 minutes. :S

Scent:
Peony Rose's scent is really strong. After application, you will be able to smell it, even if you don't hold your hands directly next to your face. :) It becomes more subtle after a while, however, so it's not a big deal.
The scent itself reminds me a bit of the soaps my granny used to give me. I'd definitely recommend you to try a different scent if you're not a fan of this!

Pro's:
Absorbing really quickly
Travel friendly
Moisturizes well

Con's:
The smell (a bit. :S)
Ingredients are only listed in Korean

Repurchase? If its still available, yes, but in a different scent. :)

Where to buy: f2plus1 for 4USD(27ml).

What's your go-to handcreme for the cold months? Let me know! <3

- Elina

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, so it's kinda like lotion perfume.
    That's interesting, but I think I'll stick to my Aveeno lotion. *A*
    Thank you for the review! <3

    pandagin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly!
      I think I really need to look into that Aveeno lotion you mentioned. :)
      Thank you for reading! <3

      Delete
  2. Great review,thanks!! <3


    http://milkyrabbit.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. :) I'll check out your blog

      Delete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet