Friday, 10 January 2014

Review: Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner in #1 Black (Sponsored)


Hi everyone! So far, January has been passing rapidly for me because I picked up so many activities again this year, including digital art and writing. So, I decided to present you another product that was sent to me by Beautnetkorea!

Beautynetkorea is an online retail store that specializes on Korean cosmetics and beauty products. Their service is great and they always have really good offers. It would mean a lot to me if you could check them out! <3

This time, however, I have to say that I have probably set my hopes up too high before receiving this product, as I turned out to be completely underwhelmed by it. Anyway, on to my review. :)




So, at the first look, it is definitely a plus for this eyeliner that it comes in so many different colours for both purposes: upper and lower lashline

Packaging:




Each eyeliner colour from this series has a different coloured packaging. This being said, the black one doesn't really stand out amongst other eyeliners in my opinion. Plus, the glittery text makes it really hard to take decent photos of it for reviews. :( 
As this is a gel eyeliner, you won't be able to sharpen it once it turns blunt, and mind that it doesn't come any sharper than this. Edit: You can, of course, sharpen this product but I was not very successful. The creamy texture caused the eyeliner to break constantly while sharpening it. 



Swatches:

So, the line that this eyeliner produces is a rather bold one and very rich in colour. I do think, however, that thanks to it's gel tip, it is really hard to draw a nice winged eyeliner with it because it usually ends up pretty thick. 


As you can see, the eyeliner is very resistant towards water but it can't handle rubbing that well. 


 This shot was taken after I washed my hands, so there was water and rubbing included. You can clearly tell that the line that had previously been left alone has endured this treatment the best.





Here you can see once again how hard it was for me to draw a winged eyeliner with this product. Besides, it already smudged a little right after application and I have no oily eyelids at all. :(


Pro's
Available in many different colours
Rather cheap
Waterproof
Highly Pigmented

Con's
Smudges easily
Can't be sharpened properly

Repurchase? Definitely not.

Where to buy? Beautynetkorea for 5US$

Are there any products that you were very curious about that let you down? I would love to know! :)

- Elina x



12 comments:

  1. I had the exact same experience with this eyeliner (#13 poison red) and everyone was arguing with me about it lol...I didn't think I was that crazy. I agree this is terrible even on not-oily dry skin. I would never buy this again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can only agree with your opinion. :) It's such a shame though, it comes in so many different colours, yet it really isn't good.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, my friend got this as a Christmas gift and gosh darn was she disappointed in it. LOL
    I excepted more from Holika Holika since their eye products are usually quality! :'< Oh well.
    Thank you for the review! <3

    http://pandagin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's such a shame! I mean it must be so devastating. :( I had such high expectations in Holika Holika as well cause their other products usually are much better.

      Delete
  3. Great post, thanks for sharing..
    You have a lovely blog!:)

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://instagram.com/brittwills97

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg of course you can sharpen it i have it in the brown and blue one and i have sharpened more than once just make sure to use a good eyeliner sharpener. ( ⋂‿⋂)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Well THAT explains a lot. Maybe it would be better if it was freshly sharpened, but the way I got it, it was plainly bad. :(

      Delete
  5. Aw too bad it doesn't work as well as you expected :( but thank you for this review I almost wanted to try this eyeliner (the other colors) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, what might not be working for me might be working for you. :) Thanks for reading! The other colours look soo nice on the ad, I totally know what you mean.

      Delete
  6. Looks nice on you :) I really need to try korean makeup x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg i adore holika holika products :) looks very pretty !

    hope we can follow each other :D
    __________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I will gladly follow you back!!! Us bloggers need to support each other :) x

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet