Sunday, 16 February 2014

The problem about shoes (Part 2)

Alright, so as I am writing this post it is sunday afternoon and today I managed to finish the last 20-page long paper for my final exams in May. The last week has been a compliation of English lessons, procrastination and Aura Kingdom, a game that I have played a little too much lately, I have to admit that.

Anyway, today I'll continue where I left off last week: Sweatshop free clothes.
This will be the last post about this topic for now as I can see that most of you are not that much interested in it, but I really want to wrap the issue up properly for those of you who are. :)

Don't worry, my next posts will be a bunch of product reviews! I still got a lot of products to present you. :) 



So, Shoes. We all love them, don't we? Now, the problem is, there are hardly any brands that sell shoes that are 100% sweatshop free. For this reason, I'm going to share a list of websites who offer eco-friendly shoes or vegan shoes with you as I found them to be the best alternative to high-street shoes.

1) Newaura Shoes - Eco friendly and animal-free shoes.

2) MooshoesMooShoes, Inc. is a vegan-owned business that sells an assortment of cruelty-free footwear, bags, t-shirts, wallets, books and other accessories. (source) They do tend to be a little pricey.

3) Fashion-Conscience - They try to provide a wide variety of sweatshop-free products on their website and shoes are part of it. :) You can find more information about their ethics in their Ethical Policy

4) Vegetarian Shoes - a UK based shoe company whose shoes are made-to-order. They offer a great variety of styles as well and I especially love their Pixie Boots. :D 

5) Buddy - Sneakers made in Japan.  They are really colourful and they seem to be a nice alternative to Vans or Converse! 

6) Good Guys don't wear leather -  Another vegan shoe brand. :) I love love love their NINA nude model. 


Would you consider vegan shoes, or do you prefer to wear leather?  I'd love to know! :)

- Elina



1 comment:

  1. wow this is a great topic to bring into light!i will be thinking about this next time i consider buying a pair of shoes!

    hope we can follow each other :D
    __________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I will gladly follow you back!!! Us bloggers need to support each other :) x

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet