Sunday, 9 March 2014

Review: Tonymoly G9 Moisture CC Cream (Sponsored)


Hi everyone! So, what do you do when you have two different blogposts planned for one week? Correct, you write about something completely different. You must know that I am a really indecisive person that likes to push up decisions until they are inevitable... thus, I tend to post on sundays a lot! Haha.

Anyway, today's review is a little different. Why, you may ask? Well, the product I'm reviewing is actually for MEN! How come? Well, it is part of the products I received from Beautynetkorea a while ago. I was not going to write a review about it at first because I was a little reluctant to actually put a product designed for men on my delicate skin. However, I did not want it to go to waste, so eventually, I decided to give it a go. Frankly, I was surprised by the results!

As I already said, this product was sponsored by Beautynetkorea. :)

Beautynetkorea is an online retail store that specializes on Korean cosmetics and beauty products. Their service is great and they always have really good offers. It would mean a lot to me if you could check them out! <3


 (Source

I'm still amused by the fact that they sent me a product designed for men. :D Anyway, let's jump right into the review, shall we? 



Packaging






Dark blue and silver, rather simple, not cute at all - this is product definitely looks much more mature than other products by Tonymoly. It's really suitable for men, in my opinion, but it does take my fancy as well. :)
The product comes in a tube, just as the Cat Chu Tony BB Cream that I reviewed a while ago. I like this way of dispensing it as you can control the amount you desire really well. 



Swatches



Before

(my skin has cleared up again! yay. :D) 

After



I was pleasantly surprised by this CC cream! It does have a very soapy scent to it, which fades after 1 minute of wearing it. Unlike other Korean foundation substitutes I tried, this CC cream does not have a dewy finish, but it does look rather matte.
What I really like about it is the fact that it doesn't feel sticky at all but it still moisturizes the skin rather well.
The coverage is rather sheer, however. At best, I would rate it as medium-coverage, but usually, you would not use CC cream if you needed high coverage anyway.

The downside: It was designed for men. I would speculate that this could be a reason to cause breakouts. I only wore it once so far, so I can't really draw any conclusions yet, but I'd be rather careful.

Repurchase? I am not sure. ;) I'd rather try out a CC cream for women

Where to buy? Beautynetkorea for 12,60 USD



Would you ever consider trying out a product that was designed for the opposite gender? I used to use male deodorants for some time because their packaging was more handy! 

- Elina 

6 comments:

  1. lol...they sent you products for men? yet another fail on BNK's part...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... well I'm slowly losing my patience with them. :(
      The CC cream is decent though lol.

      Delete
  2. This cream looks like it provides really great coverage as far as evening out and reducing redness! It's a little scary to me how your skin looks a lot whiter in the after photo - was that due to this product or camera lighting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see, my complexion is really light, but most of all, it's the lightning. :) You won't look like a ghost when you use this bb cream, it does look rather natural. That's why I included the second, darker picture, because it shows off the coverage and the brightness of the colour better.
      Thank you for reading, I'll try to provide better pictures next time!

      Delete
    2. Ahh I see! Thanks for clarifying :)

      Delete
  3. It looks great on you... but I would be weirded out if a guy was obviously wearing some....

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet