Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Cafe Neko & Divergent

Hi everyone! So, even though I have a ton of reviews to write for you, I decided to settle for a more personal post today. Mostly, because I finally managed to tick two big points that have been on my to-do list since the start of 2014.
Last sunday, I got around to go to Vienna to take a look at Austria's very first Cat Cafe. As some of you may know I'm a feline fanatic and so I was even more excited to see what said cafe has to offer. :)

Cafe Neko is located at "Blumenstockgasse 5" in Vienna's first district and easily accessible by foot from the subways station "Stephansplatz". It opens daily from 10am to 8pm. 
All five cats who reside there were taken from pet shelters and they really seem to enjoy themselves in their surroundings. There is also plenty of space for them to retreat from the agitated visitors. 

More about the cat cafe and a spoiler-free rating of Divergent under the cut.




A overview from our table. The cafe is rather big but the 20 tables are really close to eachother. 

The coffee itself was quite good, and considering that the cafe is located in the most expensive district in the city, the prices were rather decent as well. I ordered a Cafe Latte, which cost me 3,80€ and a Strawberry Mousse, which was 2,60€. You can take a look at the whole menu yourself here. :) However, I do believe that it is a little outdated, as I can't remember seeing the Japanese rice balls on there. I would have gotten some for sure if they'd still had them. 


Aren't these the cutest coasters ever? <3

If you happen to visit for the cats only, you'll have to bear in mind that they are not overly confiding towards new visitors and they have some places in the cafe that they prefer over others. I'd advise you to get a seat near the windows, as the cats seem to like these the most. :) My friend Liz and I were not approached by any of the felines directly.
However, you can try to pull their attention towards you by buying cat treats for 1€. :)


I managed to sneak some pictures of the cats, but they weren't very impressed by our presence. :)



Now, let's switch over to a completely different topic. :)

Yesterday, I was finally able to watch the Divergent movie that I was so hyped for ever since I heard about it! Don't worry - I won't spoil anything! 

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'd advise you to watch the trailer right away.


As someone who already finished the whole trilogy, I had very high hopes and the movie didn't disappoint me in any way. The execution was beautiful from start to finish (some sequences gave me huge goosebumps even though I knew how they'd end!) and the cast was close to perfect as well. 
I'm not gonna lie - I imagined some of the characters a lot different, but the chosen actors portrayed them so well that I can't even complain! I'm looking at you, Theo James. Other than that there were some small mistakes, but they are easily overlooked. 

My rating: 5/5


It's a beautiful film that is suitable not only for people who are completely new to the fandom but also for those that know how the whole story ends.

I actually can't wait for the release of the second part - Insurgent. 

Have you seen the movie yet? If so, how did you like it? Please no Spoilers in the comments. ;) 

Elina 

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to a cat cafe, but I know they are quite popular. ^^

    http://nagareboshi9.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite as popular here in Austria, but I've heard very good things of them so I had to see for myself. :) Thank you for reading!

      Delete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet