Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Review: Innisfree Original Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (Soft)


Hi everyone!
I meant to upload this review much earlier but I must have forgotten somehow! Shame on me. :(
Anyway, I'm sure most of you have heard loads of good things about the Innisfree Original Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask as this product seems to be one of the most popular clay masks on the market as of this moment.

For this very reason I couldn't hold back from picking up this product and I can say that it hasn't disappointed me!


This product claims...
to make your skin feel soft.
to provide sebum control / to absorb sebum.
to brighten up your complexion.
to exfoilate and to provide trouble care.
to shrink pores.
to follow the 7-free formular.

Capacity: 100g

How to use: After cleansing and refining the skin with a toner, gently apply over the the entire face, avoiding the eye and lip area. Rinse off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes. (Use 1-2times a week)

Where to buy? Beautynetkorea for 13,50$




Ingredients
Water, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Trehalose, Volcanic Ash, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Clyceryl Stearate, Bentonite, Zinc Oxide, Polysorbate 60, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Orchid, Camellia Japonica, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Theobroma Cacao Seed Powder, Kaolin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PVP, Dextrin, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Red Oxide of Iron (CI 7741)

So, the ingredients list seemed rather long to me so I checked CosDNA to see if there are any substances that could irritate my skin. None of the ingredients are marked as harmful, and only 2 ingredients are marked as possible causes for acne. (Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated vegetable oil)

Another important aspect about this product is that it follows the 7-Free Formula, meaning that it is free of ethanol, artificial dyes, animal material, artificial fragrance, paraben, benzopheone and mineral oil.

Packaging
Just like any Innisfree packaging, the box that this face mask comes in is made of 100% recycled paper.




The packaging also states that the mask contains 3,000mg of Jeju Volcanic Clay.


The dark coloured jar is rather sturdy and the lid seems to close really well so you won't need to worry about your mask leaking even if you decide not to keep it in its original cardboard box. The design is rather simple and typical for Innisfree. I like the brown and dark yellow color combination, it looks really pretty.



The mask comes with a plastic cover to keep the mask from leaving its container. However, it does not contain a spatula so you will have to apply it using either your finger or a clean spoon, which does seem to pose a hygenical problem for some people so keep that in mind when considering this mask.




Usage
This mask can be used in three different ways, each of which is meant to tackle a different problem more or less thoroughly.

1) Face mask
When your dirty pores are giving you a dull complexion, use your Innisfree facemask as instructed. It will not only clean your pores but also brighten your skintone.

2) Tackling Blackheads
If you are especially concerned about your blackheads, you can use this mask as a "nose-mask" only. Apply some of the mask onto your blackheads and let it dry for 15 minutes. Afterwards, use a cotton pad to wipe the sebum out of your pores.

3) Mending Breakouts
Before you go to bed, use a cotton swab and apply a moderate amount of product onto the areas where you're breaking out. When you wash off the mask in the morning, they should be gone. :)

Swatches
I actually forgot to do any traditional swatches on my hand this time, but I hope these are still sufficient!

Right after application


After 15 minutes


You can tell that the mask mattifys as it dries, leaving a grey-ish layer of product on your face.

Performance
Before



After



Conclusion
As you can tell, my complexion brightened up a whole lot. My rednesses and breakouts diminished visibly as well but they are still very visible.
I used this mask after cleansing, so I can't really tell how well it cleans my pores on it's own as my pores should be pretty clean already after using a cleanser, but I can say that my skin felt a lot softer and looked even cleaner than compared to the cleanser alone.
What I like a lot about this mask is that it enables my skin to relax. After rinsing it off, my skin feels really soft and not stripped, which is really beneficial after a long, stressful day.
I have been using the mask 1 time a week (unless I felt that I needed it, then I used it two times) but I have not noticed any visible long-term results except for my skin feeling really soft the day after using this mask.

The consistency is soft and easy to spread and it doesn't feel  uncomfortable while drying.

Recommend? Definitely! I did not expect any wonders from this mask, but what it did certainly impressed me. I'm already considering a repurchase because the jar is rather small and I'm not sure how long it will last. I'm also really intrigued to try the "Hard" version of this product!

5 / 5

I'm slowly becoming a big fan of Innisfree products! Have you tried this mask yet? If so, how did you like it? 

Elina

8 comments:

  1. I love these clay masks, I like how they feel on the skin :D Thanks a lot for your review, it reminds me of getting a new clay mask soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about your pores , did worked for pore minimizing too?
    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm not really having any troubles with big pores and so far I have not noticed any long-time effects yet beside that it evens out my complexion and helps to heal blemishes and redness. It does unclog my pores very well though. Other reviews I've read stated that it does help with minimizing pores, but as my pores are already rather small, I can't confirm that.

      Delete
  3. I've not tried this brand before, always on the look out for pore-minimiing products though. Does it help much? :D

    ♥ Little Owl Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pores are already very small so I did not notice any changes, but I've read a lot of reviews saying that it helped a lot against bigger pores. I can't confirm that statement, though, sorry! :( I wish I had bigger pores to test it for you.

      Delete
  4. Great Post. Lovely Blog.
    I am following your blog. pls follow back,xxx
    BeautyDrugs new blog post click & comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I overlooked Innisfree because I usually go for organic skincare products but that 7-free Formula sounds really inviting actually. And clay masks homg... I feel like a clay mask blog post serial killer hahahha -- I am SUCH a sucker for clay masks. And I'm totally going to try this mask.

    Thank you for sharing ♡
    http://littlegrimoire.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that you're only going for organic skincare but Innisfree is definitely not a brand to be overlooked. They really pay attention to what they make their cosmetics out of and I've always been really pleased by how they worked on my skin. :)
      Clay masks are awesome! After trying this I totally want to try more clay masks since they just feel amazing.
      Thank you so much for stopping by on my blog!
      x

      Delete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet