Thursday, 17 April 2014

Review: Holika Holika Heartful Silky Lipstick #SRD802 Lovely Vampire (Miss Holika Collection) (Sponsored)


Hi everyone! So, when I first saw the new Holika Holika Heartful Silky Lipstick collection, I was sold instantly. I've been looking for a deep vampy red everywhere and I'm so glad that I was able to try out this lipstick.

This product was kindly sponsored by Beautynetkorea. :)
Beautynetkorea is an online retail store that specializes on Korean cosmetics and beauty products. Their service is great and they always have great offers. 



The product claims to... 
be thin and light on the lips.
have a silky texture.
give off a bright and bold colour.

Capacity: 3.8g

How to use:
Use the upper part of the heart for your upper lip and the lower part for your lower lipline. 
You can also use this product as a liptint if you blend it out with your fingers. 

Where to buy: 
Beautynetkorea for 6,93$ 
eBay seller excellentcastle for 8,47$ (all 10 shades available) 





Packaging
The lipstick comes in a really adorable white box with a heart-shaped adornment which is sealed with a lid to indicate the lipstick's colour and to prove that the packaging is still sealed. Two sides feature Korean instructions and ingredients but there is an English version of the instructions too. Sadly, the ingredients are not given. 


The product itself comes in a small plastic tube, that doesn't seem too sturdy. However, I'm very positive that it would survive a travel in a make-up bag. The whole packaging does seem a little cheap, but then I did not expect much more from an inexpensive lipstick. 




As you can see, the lipstick looks really dark! Notice the little lace design on the bottom of the tube that shows itself as soon as you take the cap of. :) 



Swatches
What I really like about this lipstick is the strong pigmentation. It's a rather deep red, just as Holika Holika promised in their advertisements.



Performance
I think the place where this product really shines is directly on the lips. 




The shade is really nice and vampy. However, I had some troubles applying it due to the heart shape, especially on my bottom lip, as it seems to get out of shape after a couple of usages, which makes it harder to apply. I would have enjoyed a standart lipstick form more. 





Conclusion
While there certainly are some downsides to this lipsticks (shape, packaging), I do love it very much. The colour is just perfect and I'm certain that this product will from now on be my go-to red lipstick for going out. What I also really like about this lipstick is its durability: Yes, it does stain right after applying it, but after about 15-20 minutes, I can drink and eat without it wearing off too much. It's definitely a low-maintenance lipstick. 
The product itself is quite moisturizing but I still like to use some kind of lip balm after 1 hour or so, as lipstick generally seems to dry out my lips. 



4,5 / 5

Elina

8 comments:

  1. That's a vibrant colour. I do like it. ^^ Too bad about it being drying though...

    http://nagareboshi9.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, every lipstick is drying on me, that's just my lips. :) It's worth a try though! Thank you for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. semms nice on you ~~
    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. its soo pigmented and vibrant! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. red color looks good on you! love the packaging, very unique!

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com/2014/04/silver-swan.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet