Thursday, 29 May 2014

Sample Review: Etude House Precious Mineral Cotton Fit BB Cream N02 Light Beige


Hi everyone!
Actually, I have been planning to shoot and upload an OOTD for the last couple of days, but the weather hasn't been very generous to me. In fact, it has been raining the past 3 days straight. :( So I went through my samples that are actually piling up in my organiser, waiting to be reviewed, and I chose to write about the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Cotton Fit in N02 Light Beige.

I did a review on a sample of another BB cream from Etude House's Precious Mineral series. Read my Review about the Bright Fit BB cream in #02 here.

All my experiences with this product are based on one single sample. Please keep in mind that I used this product on its own, with neither a Base / Primer nor a Compact Powder!


This product claims...
to provide perfect coverage.
to keep your face smooth all day long.
to be long lasting. (no darkening)
to provide a soft and smooth finish. (no stickyness)

This product is recommended for oily skin.

How to use:
After your normal skincare, apply this product evenly on your face.
Finish it up by lightly patting the surface.

Where to buy?
Beautynetkorea for 16,11$
Jolse for 17,48$

More information under the cut. :) 


About the Product
Etude House claims that this BB Cream is targeted at those who have problems with oily skin.
The product is meant to contain whitening, wrinkle care, UV block (SPF30/PA++) and anti-darkening ingredients.
Etude House also promises a soft and smooth finish without stickyness that is longlasting and doesn't darken over the course of the day. The 16,5% included Pearl extract is said to have an excellent whitening effect and to keep the skin moisturized.

The product is free of ingredients like Parabens, articifical colouring and Benzophenones.
The BB cream comes in three shades: N02 (Light Beige), W13 (Natural Beige) and W24 (Honey Beige)



Swatch
This is N02, the lightest out of the three shades which this BB Cream comes in. As you can see in the swatch, the product is actually not that light compared to my complexion. I expected it to be much lighter and I could already tell from the swatch that it wouldn't fit my skin that well. Besides that, it has a slightly rosy undertone, which is not particularly suited for my skin either.  


Performance
Here you can see some pictures of me wearing the BB Cream.

Flash



Bright Sunlight


Inside (dark)



Conclusion
I always assumed that I was a shade N02 in Etude House's BB Creams but I guess I was wrong. You can tell that the colour doesn't match my complexion if you look at my hairline and neck. Now, I think this BB Cream would actually be a nice fit if I actually had acquired some tan already, but the sun hasn't shown herself for a long time now. I would have thought that Etude House had more consistency with the shades of their make-up but I guess I'll have to try samples of everything before purchasing the full sized product, just to make sure. 

I also noticed that the product is very runny and it does streak so you need to blend it very carefully. Once it sets it gets better, though. 

Coverage: The product claims to provide full coverage. I would consider this BB Cream buildable but I doubt it will be enough for covering heavy acne scarring or blemishes. My skin has cleared up a lot so I only got this example of how well it covers up spots:


I'd consider this Medium / borderline Heavy coverage as it is buildable. It feels rather light on the skin, though, so you get a lot of coverage for little weight. The coverage also lasts for a whole day without a primer.

Oil control / Finish: This BB Cream claims to be suitable for those with oily skin and yet the finish isn't matte but a little shiny and glowy. I am not so sure if that is what you are looking for if you want to cover up your oily skin because I would guess that it would make it stand out more. A setting powder might do the trick, though. However, it did control the little oil on my skin very well. 
It does accentuate dry patches. 

Scent: Not too prominent. 

Recommend? For the very fair skinned - no. If you are looking for a well covering BB Cream with decent oil control - yes. 

Would buy? Definitely not. 

3 / 5*
*please keep in mind that I was influenced a lot by the fact that the shade wasn't right at all.

Have you tried Etude House's Precious Mineral Fit BB Creams yet? If so, what is your opinion on them?

- Elina

16 comments:

  1. Woooow !!!
    I really liked the BBcream!

    Come visit →PANAMA ASTI
    post comments or reviews... Me will be very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you reviewed this product. I've been seeing this around the Etude House in my country, and I was beginning to wonder what it had that the other BB creams didn't already have. Hopefully Etude House comes up with more shades to cater to different colored skin tones, especially those who have in between colored tones :)

    xoxo
    Strawberry Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a walk-in Etude House store to shop at and swatch products before buying them. Yes, I really hope they come up with an even lighter shade! Or I need to get a tan haha. :)
    Thank you for reading! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible style and blog! :)

    I would like to invite you to my blog! I would be so happy if we support each other on GFC, Facebook and maybe Bloglovin!

    I will follow right back and I will like your page on Facebook from my personal account when you do so, just let me know!

    Blog | Facebook Page | Bloglovin | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a shame the lightest colour is a little on the dark side, being a fair skinned girl too I can totally relate :c

    Thanks for such an honest review!

    ♥ Little Owl Diary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I originally looked into Korean cosmetics because I had a hard time finding the right shade of makeup for my skin at the local drugstores. It's a little ironic that I'm facing similar problems again. ^^°

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah you'd expect a lot of the Korean/Japanese brands to be more tailored to pale skin, it's a shame it isn't always the case ><

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried this before (also the sample size), but since it's so dark it looked bad on my pale skin >n<
    Nice post~ Would you like to follow each other? c:
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, dear!
    I just checked out your blog and I absolutely love it! I'll follow you on Bloglovin and on Facebook right away! <3 ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a shame that this BB cream doesn't work on pale skin. ;__;
    Your blog is lovely, dear! I followed you on Bloglovin! ~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is :c I do think that they might have a lighter colour though, which is nice~
    Thanks! Followed you back on Bloglovin and GFC~

    ReplyDelete
  12. From the pictures the color doesn't seem that off but this sounds like it would accentuate my blemishes because it's too runny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love bbcream! I need to stock up soon! I usually use missha but I will try this!! thanks!!!

    =SUGAR-PET=BLOG=


    ReplyDelete
  14. I never really tried taking photos of their swatches in their stores here though, haha! Sometimes they don't have the complete color collection either :( And Etude here in the Philippines is quite late with the product releases. It usually takes at least 2 or 3 months before a new product gets here, so technically it's not that new anymore, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It doesn't look that off but it's definitely a little darker than Etude House's other N02 BB creams as far as I can tell from samples. Yeah, it's terribly runny so I guess it won't be a good fit for you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad I could introduce you to a nice product. :) Thank you for reading! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet