Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Review: Etude House Dust Cut Micro Foam Cleanser (Sponsored)


Hi everyone!
Now that my written finals are finally over (no pun intended), I got a little more time for writing reviews and other blogposts for you. :)

I've been using the Etude House Dust Cut Micro Foam Cleanser on a daily basis for about 2 weeks now. Here are the results:

This product has been sponsored by Beautynetkorea.
Beautynetkorea is an online retail store that specializes on Korean cosmetics and beauty products. Their service is great and they always have great offers. 



This product claims to..
cool down, purify and protect the skin.
minimize irritation.

cleanse away foreign substances.
contain mild ingredients like Bamboo extract, Ash tree extract, Retinispora extract, Pomegranate extract and Rose extract.

Capacity: 150ml

How to use: Dispense a certain amount and create lather, massage your skin gently and rinse thoroughly with water.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Discontinue use if irritations are caused. 


Where to buy? Beautynetkorea for 9,81$





About the product
The Dust Cut skincare line targets skin issues caused by pollution, which is a serious problem in Korea as well as in other Asian countries. Especially during Spring, the dust can contain substances such as carbon monoxide, Sulfur, ash as well as many others. 

The Dust Cut line seeks to protect the skin from all those harmful substances with ingredients such as Bambus Vulgaris extract to cool your skin down, Fraxinus Rhynchophylla extract to clean your skin and Chamaecyparis Optusa Leaf extract to keep your skin clear. 


Packaging
The product comes in a tube, just like most other cleansers, which I really like because it makes dispensing the correct amount for your face really easy. Unlike most other Etude House products, this cleanser doesn't come in a particularly fancy packaging with patterns all over it. I think this gives off a much more serious and clean look that suits this skincare line particularly well. 



The backside of this product features a description in Hangeul followed by a couple of lines in English, summing up the most important aspects of the product. 


Additionally, Etude House supplied us English speaking customers with a full ingredients list, which I really apprechiate! 



When I received it, the product was sealed with a silver foil, which indicates that the product has not been used previously.



Swatches
The cleanser comes out thick and creamy, a little sticky even, but as soon as it comes in contact with water it foams really nicely. 







Smell: The product doesn't contain any artificial fragrances so it smells rather neutral. It reminded me a little of soap as it smelled really fresh. I like the fact that Etude House decided not to add any fragrances, which reduces the risk of breakouts caused by this product a lot.

Performance
I decided to test this product's make-up removing capabilities with some products I use more or less regularly. Keep in mind that 2 out of 4 are products that are meant to be used on your lids, an area which the cleanser should not come in contact with directly. I decided to use them nevertheless for they are the most opaque and hardest to remove products I own. 




Holika Holika Jewel light Waterproof Eyeliner, Tonymoly Cat Chu Shiny Skin BB cream, Catrice eyeshadow, Tonymoly Cat Chu Liptint (not pictured)




Note:All products were completely dry when I applied the cleanser.



As you can see, the cleanser completely removed everything but the eyeliner (applied 2 times).



A close-up in which you can see that it removed the BB cream flawlessly.


On my face
First off, if you are grossed out by pores, please skip this passage :) 

Before: No make-up, oily.


After 


Before


After


I hope that gave you an impression as to what to expect from this product. :)

Conclusion
After 2 weeks of using this cleanser in the morning and during my nighttime facial routine, I can say that I'm pretty impressed by what it has to offer. The foam cleanses gently, it doesn't irritate my skin in the slightest way, but it still manages to remove oils and dirt. There are no exfoliation particles like in the Etude House Baking Powder Cleanser which makes the Dust Cut Micro Foam cleanser more suitable for everyday use. I also found it less intense than the other cleanser, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It left my skin clean but not completely stripped, a feeling that I experienced a couple of times when using the Baking Powder cleanser. 

Recommended? Yes! I'm not exaggerating if I say that I absolutely love this product and how it works. If you are looking for a foam cleanser to use everyday without making your skin feel overly exfoliated, this is the product you're looking for!

5 / 5

Have you used any of the Dust Cut products yet? If yes, did you like them? I'm excited to try out more products from this skincare line! 

- Elina








4 comments:

  1. This cleanser sounds great. I would love to try it some time. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your review makes me can't wait to open mine!! i just bought this baby too along with the face mist, you can check my blog for the mist review :)
    http://briellesowner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will love it! I will check out your blog asap, lovely, thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet