Sunday, 22 June 2014

Review: Etude House Fresh Cherry Tints #PP501 Cherry Lavender & #OR202 Cherry Coral (Limited Edition)


Hi, everyone! ~


Before I start with the review, let me tell you that I'm in a little love-hate relationship with this product. A while ago, I reviewed the sample size of the Etude House Fresh Cherry Tints and I loved them. Which is probably why I had such high expectation in this product and why I wasn't fully satisfied by it. ^^

Today, I present you the Limited Edition: Etude House Fresh Cherry Tints in #PP501 and #OR202.


This product claims....
to be smooth and moist like milk.
to moisturize your lips for a long period of time.
not to leave a stain.

Capacity: 9g

How to use: Spread it evenly across your lips. Apply an extra layer for more coverage. Discontinue if it causes any irritations.

Where to buy?
Beautynetkorea for 6,21$


You can read my full review below the cut! ~



About the Product

Etude House released a Limited Edition of their Fresh Cherry Tint in connection with their 5 years anniversary as a popular Korean cosmetics brand.
They added two new shades to their range, #PP501 (Cherry Lavender) and #OR202 (Cherry Coral)

The product is said to be very moisturizing and to contain vitamin C. They claim that it is rich in minerals and vitamins.

Ingredients


Packaging
As this is a special edition, the packaging is especially cute! Etude House decorated the small cardboard box that the tint comes in with garlands and confetti. ^^

Please note that the packaging of  Cherry Lavender has gotten wet during transit and is bent for that reason. >.<


Etude House has added a full English description of their product! This is a big plus for foreign customers like me. ^^







Swatches

Cherry Lavender
with flash | without flash | residue after wipe


Cherry Coral
with flash | without flash | residue after wipe


Performance

All pictures were taken with lip concealer under the tint so the colour is more prominent! 
Cherry Lavender




Cherry Coral



Conclusion:
Alright, so about the love-hate relationship. First of all, let me tell you that I have very dry lips. The tint claims to be moisturizing, but I can't say that it does what it promises to do. It's not overly drying but it doesn't really do anything to keep my lips moisturized. It accentuates my dry lips a little and it settles into my liplines if I don't exfoilate before applying it. 

Colour payoff-wise it's not too bad. I have to use a lip concealer prior to the tint because my lips are a tad too dark for the colour to be true to the advertisements. 

Scent: Just as the other Fresh Cherry Tints, the scent is very heavy and sweet. It fades after around 20 minutes.

Lasting power: Not the greatest. It lasts for a couple of hours but it needs to be reapplied after eating and drinking. Besides that, it also leaves behind a stain. 

Recommend? Yes and No. They're inexpensive and if you don't have dry lips like I do they might be a lot nicer on you! I'd recommend Cherry Coral over Cherry Lavender, though. The colour is so much more versatile and super suited for summer. ^.^

Repurchase? Probably not. I like the colours but I don't think I'd use it often enough to think about repurchasing.

3,5 / 5

Have you tried the Fresh Cherry Tints yourself? What do you think about Etude House's Limited Edition Tints?


16 comments:

  1. I would just get myself those for the packaging, since I'm a sucker for it :'D Cherry Lavender doesn't look as good as I hoped for, but Cherry Coral is really pretty, just bad that they don't last long, otherwise i would have brought me the coral one~ Thanks for the review^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm the lip tints don't look very tinted whilst on the lips which is a shame because they are such great colors! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  3. the color Cherry Colar is so pretty and natural! I'm in a hunt for moisturizing tint too but haven't found any that works :(


    Intan Thalia
    http://thewishingdust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love both colors but mybe i want to try the cherry lavender... thanks for the review.... ^^

    glorychen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried a pink one on my cheeks and was quite surprised by how pigmented it is.

    I wouldn't use it on my lips though, I just don't like the feeling of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look cute! Lip stains/tints are always so drying so even if these aren't moisturising, it's great that they're not drying.

    Elesaurus

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very great review you have there. :) Would like to thank you for dropping a comment on my blog regarding my passion for blogging. You have indeed motivated me to continue to pursue my dreams. Thanks girl!

    www.aliciaahq.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, right? The packaging alone is so cute! I was quite disappointed by Cherry Lavender, too. It looked good on other bloggers but I just can't seem to make it work for me.
    Thank you so much for reading, Roxi! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! I think the non-limited colours are far better! I tried them ages ago and I loved them so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! <3 Same here! My lips tend to be very dry because I'm too lazy to exfoilate so I'm trying to go for the moisurizing products, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cherry Lavender is really unique! I haven't seen a lot of purple tints yet so this one really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't actually tried the tints on my cheeks yet because I'm afraid that they wouldn't spread too well. Other than that, I'm a little unsure about purple blush haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exactly! It's not too bad but I prefer a moisturizing lip tint nevertheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much, Alicia, I really appreciate your kind words! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lot of EH's products are either a hit-or-miss these days. I mean, they used to be so good. But with their new products, though they look cute (as usual), they tend to deliver half-heartedly instead, especially with their lip products. EH Philippines is so delayed with product lines too. We were only able to get the Chocolate Kiss line (that was released during Valentine's Day in Korea) at around April already! @_@ Wth. Anyhoo, I do like the Cherry Coral color on you; it suits your skin tone more :) The Cherry Lavender is not as versatile for everyday use though : / It'll be too much work if you'd still have to use concealer just to get the real color of the product out @_@

    xoxo
    Strawberry Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, the colors are packaging are too cute.. but I can't stand lip products that emphasize dryness!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet