Monday, 30 June 2014

Review: Etude House Play Color Eyes "So Chic Play" Eyeshadow Palette

Hi, everyone!


So, I'm probably going to be the last person ever to review this palette as it's an Etude House 2013 Limited Edition, but I just can't order Korean make-up without sharing at least some swatches on my blog. ^-^"

A couple of weeks back I got the Etude House Play Color Eyes "So Chic Play" palette off eBay on a whim because I randomly decided I needed a new eyeshadow palette. My previously loved Sleek palette expired and started to cause major fallouts. >.<

About this Product
Back in 2013, Etude House released two Limited Edition eyeshadow palettes with 10x1g colors of eyeshadow each named "So Hot Play" and "So Chic Play". Both feature two different colour schemes which can be used to create a variety of looks, suited for everyday wear and nights out.

Top: So Chic Play, Bottom: So Hot Play
The palettes include mattes, shimmery and sparkly eyeshadows. 

Both palettes are pretty much sold out at all major Korean make-up suppliers and in-store, but they can still be purchased via Amazon and eBay. So Chic Play is definitely more sought after, so you need to act quickly if you really want it! 

They sell for around 25$.



More information & swatches of So Chic Play under the cut! ~



Packaging

This palette comes in a bright pink packaging with the words "Color, Play, Eyes" written all over it. It looks really cute and it suits the palette very well.


Etude House gives an English description for all foreign customers, which is a big plus!


The palette is made out of plastic and is not very travel-friendly. I've read of a couple of cases in which the palettes arrived with a couple of eyeshadows that had fallen out due to rough handling during transit. Thankfully, that was not the case with my palette! ^-^


The palette includes a mirror, two applicators and a plastic protection, which not only prevents the mirror from getting dirty but also gives the individual names of the eyeshadows.


Swatches

All swatches were taken without a primer.



Performance

Mattes: Coco Brown (1), French Kiss (4), Misty Rose (5) and Leopard Brown (10) are not the highlight of the palette, but they do their job quite well nevertheless. The lighter ones definitely need a primer to be true to color on the eyelids, otherwise they are just way too similar. They are a little chalky, but that can be overcome by a little blending.

Shimmery: Diva (6) is the only shimmery eyeshadow in the palette. It's a dark-ish purple with decent pigmentation and it goes really well with French Kiss or Misty Rose.

Sparkly: Clutch Brown (2), Pop Champagne (3), Glam Forest (7), Midnight Star (8) and Sparkling Wine (9) are defnitely the best part about this palette! Each colour is really special in its own way and goes extremely well with the rest of the mattes. Pop Champagne is such a nice color for the inner corner of your eyes and Sparkling Wine is definitely my favourite eyeshadow from the whole palette. It goes so well with French Kiss! Glam Forest and Midnight Star are mostly suited for evening wear in my opinion.
The pigmentation of these shades is really good.

Fallouts? I haven't experienced any major fallouts with these shades.

Pigmentation: Overall, this palette is very similar to the Sleek palettes. The eyeshadows have a decent pigmentation, but some shades need a little extra work to look their best.

The included applicators are sub-par in my opinion.



In this picture, I used French Kiss as a base, applied Sparkling Wine on my crease and blended it inwards to create a nice gradient.

Recommend?  Yes! The palette is versatile and definitely worth the money. 

4 / 5

I would have given this a 5 / 5 if the applicators wouldn't be so bad. 


You can't really tell that I'm wearing the eyeshadow but I wanted to include a selfie nevertheless to show that I've dyed my hair yet again! ^-^
My boyfriend said that I reminded him of Daenerys Targaryen!

Do you have tried the Play Color Eyes palettes yourself? What do you think about them?

And on another note...

How do you like my new haircolor?  (^ω^)

Talk to you soon!

14 comments:

  1. The colors are very beautiful. I like the plum/burgundy shades especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Play Chic palette is the most popular. I think it's really more versatile than the other one :P The pinks and the earth tones are my fave <3 And yes, omg I LOVE your new hair color~!! *o* It makes your eyes even bluer! <333

    xoxo
    Strawberry Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too! I definitely use them the most out of all the colours. :)
    Thank you so much for reading, Fräulein <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sooo glad when I found a shop that still sold the palette! I missed the EH Rose Flowering eyes and I decided waaaay too late that I wanted one of hte Play Color eyes palettes, haha. ^-^"
    The bright red shades in the other palette kinda put me down because I don't think I'd ever use them.
    Omg, thank you so much! I'm so glad you like my new haircolor! When I dyed it, it initially turned lilac so I had to bleach it. I'm so glad it turned out alright. ^^
    Thank you for reading, Sephie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lilac?? @_@ oh dear.. But I think you could still pull off lilac either way XD Thank goodness it turned out fine when you bleached your hair though ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors

    Can we follow each other?

    Halter Dress: http://www.oasap.com/dresses/41024-classic-chiffon-halter-dress.html/?fuid=83245

    Vintage Round Sunglasses: http://www.oasap.com/sunglasses/28325-vintage-round-sunglasses.html/?fuid=83245

    New Giveaway
    Sandy Sandhu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, lilac and grey! Some strands were blonde but the rest looked like I completely screwed up. I even have some pictures but I decided not to post about it.
    The colour looks really cool but I'm thinking about toning it down a little so it won't look so unnatural.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colors is beautiful and pigmented !!
    and love your hair color !

    anyway would you mind if we follow each other ?
    i've already followed you

    http://amourpixie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how pigmented it is! you're so pretty with blonde hair :)

    xx

    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Sandy!
    I'm already following you, dear. <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know, right! They're so nice. :)
    I would love to! I followed you back via Bloglovin! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too! ^-^ Thank you so much, Mitch! I'm still not used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hair is definitive on point, suits you soo well :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet