Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Beauty: Current Hair Care Essentials


A couple of weeks back when I decided to change my haircolor yet again, something terrible happened. My hair turned partly purple and grey. The last resort was bleaching my entire head. Needless to say, my hair equalled rubber afterwards. It was extremely brittle, I couldn't even run my fingers through it when it was wet - it was a complete disaster.
Today, it's in a much better condition, mostly thanks to the products about which I'll talk in a moment. But first, please keep in mind that these are by far no miracle cure for disastrous hair. They simply helped me a lot and what did a great job for me might not work for you.

Guhl Vital Silberglanz Shampoo - 200ml for 6€
I use this to keep my bleached hair from turning yellow. It has done a decent job so far but Directions' silver toner has done a much better one. I'm looking for a replacement but I can't seem to find a decent one drugstore-wise. It's nice, but I don't think it'd help in severe cases of yellowness.

Syoss Supreme Selection Restore Conditioner - 250ml for 6€
Syoss' Supreme Selection Restore series was created for damaged or extremely damaged hair. While I can't say a lot about the other products in the line, the conditioner has worked great for me. My hair seems to absorb the product instantly after applying and it feels super silky afterwards. I will definitely repurchase this as soon as I run out.
Note: A friend of mine recommended Aussie but I just couldn't stand the smell of it so I settled for this conditioner instead.

Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Tägliches Öl Elexir -75ml for 8€
I got this daily leave-in oil elixir a while back to combat my dry ends and so far it has done a good job. At one point, I was really reluctant to put any oils in my hair because of my oily scalp at first, which is why I only used this on my wet hair. After bleaching, I tried it out on my dry hair and found that it absorbs similarly well and doesn't leave behind any greasy residue.

Schwarzkopf got2be Bügelhilfe Glättungsspray - 200ml for 6,60€ (new version)
I only ever use this heat protection "straightening spray" by Schwarzkopf when I blowdry my hair or straighten it. Let's be real - it doesn't magically give you straight hair but it does an ok job as a heat protection spray. I've had this one for ages since I mostly air-dry my hair. I don't think I'd repurchase it soon but it has done a decent job protecting my hair from heat.

Honorable Mention: Petritsch Hair Gold Magical Hair Shine - 200ml for 16,90€
I once had a sample of this product and I loved it SO much. My hair felt completely different after washing it with this shine treatment. It contains 7 essential oils and if it wasn't so expensive I wouldn't use anything else on my hair anymore.

What are your favorite products to use if you feel like your hair needs to be pampered? 

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. I used to dye my hair a lot, and when I decided to make blonde highlights my hair got totally ruined, it was so dry and I tried everything to make it softer but only worked when I dyed it back to brown. Now I promised to myself I won't dye my hair for the next 3 years and I hope I can keep with that :b

    xx, M | Brunette In Black

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish i could get some of these in the UK!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia coat worth £80 in my little giveaway, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the reviews!
    xx
    Mia


    http://www.ssenescence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use got2b heat protectant as well, mostly because it was on sale AND I had a coupon for it lol It works great, but like you, I don't use it much because I also air dry my hair!

    My favorite things to use in my hair is just regular ol' shampoo & conditioner and then some cream to soften it and get the frizziness out :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Guhl and got2b. I dyed my hair with Syoss, it wasn't that bad actually but I kind of hope it was a bubble hair color because the creamy one messed my bath room :D
    Since then my hair gets drier, I use heated jojoba oil to pamper my hair :)

    Felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. never tried any of these, thanks for sharing!



    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a shame that you can't get them in the UK! The oil elixir would definitely be suitable for fine hair.
    Thank you for dropping by, Helen! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually say something along the lines of "I won't dye my hair for 2 years now" right after dying it but I never stick to my own words! Good luck on not dying your hair! :) It definitely takes some willpower not to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think 90% of the product has vaporized because I hardly ever use it, haha! Air drying is so much nicer in my opinion, blow drying always takes ages.
    I hardly ever use anything besides shampoo and conditioner either. I only use hair masks after dying my hair, I think I should use them more often, though, they always make my hair feel so nice. :) Thank you for reading, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard a lot of good things about Syoss hair dye from my boyfriend! Too bad it messed up your bathroom, though. I had to deal with that a lot when I used to dye my hair in darker colors, too.
    Jojoba oil sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet