Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Review: Etude House Proof 10 Gelquid Eyliner in Black Hole, Deep Sand and Blood (Sponsored)

It feels like it has been a while since I reviewed an eyeliner, which is most likely because I have one go-to product that I love. For that reason, I hardly ever try out new products. Mainly, since my eyes are rather sensitive and I've had quite a few eyeliners that caused irritations before. However, Etude House's Proof 10 Gelquid eyeliner did not.

Disclaimer: This review is partly sponsored by Beautynetkorea. They sent me the shades Black Hole and Deep Sand, I purchased Blood myself.  

I think that the release of these new shades of the Proof 10 Gelquid eyeliner faded from the spotlight as they came out at the same time as the 101 pencils. As I am not a big fan of allround products - and since the range had a shade named "Blood" - I gravitated more towards the liquid eyeliners.

The main claim of these eyliners is that they're a fusion of gel liners and liquid eyeliners, therefore the name: Gelquid. The waterproof combination of a creamy texture with great color payoff sounds promising. Etude claims that their product dries quickly without leaving a tight sensation on the lid and that it's suitable for very sensitive eyes. 

The top of the packaging gives away the color of the contained product, as do the bottles that the liquid eyeliner comes in. The shades I'm reviewing are BK801 Black Hole, BR402 Deep Sand and RD301 Blood. The other shades that were released are #BR401 Espresso (a deep brown) and GR701 Forest Green (a dark green). 

Each bottle contains 1.5g of product and should be shaken before use.

The applicator is a little big but with a little practice it's possible to create really fine lines nevertheless.

Swatches

Left: without flash - Right: with flash

#BK801 Black Hole: A deep black with a subtle shine to it. This is by far my most used shade out of the three. It's a true black, it doesn't look dark brown or grey when worn, which is a big plus. 

#BR402 Deep Sand: A shimmery, light brown eyeliner. It's great for a more natural make-up look, but it's also a very specific shade. If you want a more versatile brown, I'd recommend you to go for #BR401 Espresso instead. 

#RD301 Blood: A deep, red eyeliner that reminds me a little of vampires. The name choice was definitely the right one. This is the least versatile of the three and I doubt I'll ever really use it despite that I love the shade since I think it might clash with my blue irises. It's a gorgeous color, though, so if you're looking for a red eyeliner, this one is the one!

Performance Test

dry - rubbed when dry

wet - rubbed when wet


The eyeliner lives up to its promises - as long as you don't furiously rub your eyes. And even if you do, there'll still be some kind of residue on your eyelids.

It lasts quite well, but if you have oily eyelids or if you're living in a humid region, I'd recommend you to use a primer as it does fade after a couple of hours of wear.



Final Rating: 4 / 5

For around 10$, you get a really decent product. The only downside for me is that it doesn't sustain through a hot day and especially in summer, I don't want to have to worry about reapplying my eyeliner.

Have you tried the Proof 10 Gelquid Eyeliner yet? Or did you go for the 101 Pencils instead? 

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. These look lovely - especially Deep Sand :)


    http://stylesunrise.blogspot.co.uk


    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these eyeliners look great! i've never heard of these brands!

    have you checked out my latest posts?

    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours! ^__^

    http://nagareboshi9.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  4. the swatches look really good! and i love etude house. they have such cute packaging :3

    my blog>> http://whenthreeisacrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uwah....deep sand is such a pretty color~ :) I've never heard of the Proof 10 Gelquid liners, but I heard a bunch about the 101 Pencils because they're literally everywhereee. xD I'm also like you because I have my trusted liquid eyeliner that I always have. Your review makes me want it just to want it >.< But I need one that can withstand hot days especially in Hawaii Dx Thanks for the review!

    Love, Aimee

    My Blog | Recent Blog Post - f(x) Red Light Luna Inspired Tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  6. They definitely are! Etude House is a Korean make-up and skincare brand, they don't retail in Europe, which is a real shame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really believe that the Proof 10 eyeliners stayed unnoticed because of the 101 pencils! Everyone has been getting them but they just don't convince me at all.
    Yeah, I don't think they'd work well in Hawaii. :( I'm really reluctant to wear them when it's hot and humid in Austria so I think it'd be even worse in Hawaii but that's just my guess.
    Thank you for reading, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet