Thursday, 24 July 2014

Review: SKIN79 Kick It Side Look For Me Tint - Attention*

A while ago, I was approached by one of HanaVillage.com's spokespersons who kindly introduced me to their newly founded website. HanaVillage is a sister company to Lensvillage, a circle lens retailer that I have only ever heard good things about. After opening their store in 2014, they now aim to become one of the largest online stores selling quality colored contact lenses and beauty brands in Asia.
They stock brands which I find are a little hard to get hold of such as KOJI, SKIN79 and Missha. Based in Malaysia, they offer worldwide delivery and an excellent customer service.

I was sent two products: Firstly, the SKIN79 Kick It Side Look For Me Tint (Attention)*, which I am going to present you today as well as a pair of colored contacts, which I am going to talk about later as I currently don't have any lens solution at hand.

SKIN79's Kick It Side Look For Me Tint is part of the brand's new unique and stylish make up collection and comes in two different shades: Attention, a coral shade and Cheer Up, a bright pink.


The tint aims to provide a deep, glossy color and revitalises your lips with just one touch. The tint starts off in a lighter color and slowly starts to deepen in pigmentation as you are wearing it. It promises moisture and lustrous lips. The packaging is stylish and stands out from the crowd. For 11.90$, you get 3g of product.

When bottled, the tint looks slightly pink-ish, but once you open it, it is clear that it has actually a coral tone. A silver seal shows that the product has never been opened before. 

The applicator is a brush, unlike most other tints which tend to have a doe-foot applicator. I actually like this a lot since it makes the tint much easier to apply.

Swatches
daylight - flash

Performance

This product seems a lot like a "my lips but better" tint. Attention is a lovely coral color that doesn't stand out too much on it's own despite its name. The formulation is quite yielding - little product will go a long way. Which is good because the tint definitely doesn't last forever. The lasting power is rather weak. this is definitely a higher maintenance product than most other tints that I've tried before. However, it is also one of the first tints that I've tried that doesn't dry out my lips at all. Quite on the contrary, it moisturizes them well ans makes them look really full and luscious!  The other good thing is that it doesn't leave behind an ugly stain when it does wear off. The only thing that was left on my lips was a hardly noticeable coral hue.

For me, this will become one of my summer make-up staples for sure. I love the shade and it just feels so great on my usually dry lips!

Final Rating: 4 / 5

What have your experiences with SKIN79 been so far? Have you found a lip tint yet that doesn't completely dry up your lips?

Follow on Bloglovin

*The product has been sent to me for reviewing purposes. All my opinions are 100% genuine.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a massive fan of gloss, I much prefer matte colours and hate that sticky feeling on my lips! I do love the quirky bottle though!


    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer actual stain tints to gloss & lipstick. I live in a windy place & its not worth the hassle to wear gloss haha xx

    www.roseandmuse.com

    www.roseandmusevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate! My city tends to be really windy so I always ask myself why I use gloss so much but I simply love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The formula kind of reminds me of the Laneige Water Tints, making your lips look like yours, but better. Too bad the lasting power isn't that great. I didn't even know SKIN79 was making more cosmetics products, lol. Great review! xoxo <3


    www.obviobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color is so pretty!! :D the coral color is perfect for summer. And that awesome that it doesn't dry out your lips as much! >.< All of the tints I've ever tried dried out my lips like crazy D: Thanks for the review!

    Love, Aimee

    My Blog | Join my Blogiversary International Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet