Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Review: I fax Y33 Circle Lenses (Grey) (Sponsored)

When I was given the opportunity to review one pair of Klenspop's circle lenses for free, I got really excited because I hadn't worn any Asian lenses in forever! I loved browsing reviews and looking at pictures of other bloggers wearing them and taking selfies because the enlarging effect was so mesmerizing! 

Disclaimer: This product has been sponsored by Klenspop. However, my opinion is entirely my own and genuine as it can't be bought. 

Now, let me tell you about my experience with my latest pair of lenses: The I fax Y33 Grey circle lenses.
First off: It wasn't great, but more about that later. 

My experience with Klenspop
I had a great time communicating with the guys at Klenspop, their service was great, they answered my questions swiftly and after only a couple of days of exchanging e-mails, my chosen pair of circle lenses was on it's way to me. I was free to choose from their entire arrangement, excluding the brands ACUVE, BAUSH, LOMB and Illuminate. 

After a little more than two weeks, the small parcel arrived at my doorstep.











Everything was neatly wrapped with bubble wrap so nothing could get damaged during transit.


Klenspop didn't only send me the contact lenses themselves but they also included a case and a small bottle of contact lens solution, which was especially great because I had forgotten to pick up some myself.

I'm not a big fan of the green packaging that the vials came in, but it's the content that counts, right?



Neither am I a big fan of the contacts case they included. It is really nice to have utility-wise but the design is just too childish for my liking.















The Lenses



I fax Y33 Grey
Brand: G&G Contact Lens
Diameter: 14.2mm
Graphic Diameter: 14mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.4mm
Life Span: 1 year (max)
Country of origin: South Korea
Price: 15$ (free case included)






I got them without power because I haven't actually ever worn contacts with power. I'm simply a glasses person. 








How they look like worn

Please keep in mind that one of the lenses (right) was extremely uncomfortable!

top: natural light, bottom: flash

Without lenses


One lens

Both lenses


The pictures were taken at different times, sorry if the lighting seems different!

Rating

Color: 5 / 5
The lenses made my blue eyes appear grey so I'd say they are a total success in this aspect.

Design: 4 / 5
The transition between the grey hues of the lenses and the natural blueish color at my pupils looks really nice. I'm not sure how well they work on dark eyes, but I'd say that they might be a little underwhelming. The limbal ring makes them look a little natural, though, but if you are looking for dolly lenses, these would be a good choice. 

Enlargement: 5 / 5
Even though they have a comparably small graphic diameter (14mm), they enlarge my eyes really well as seen in the comparison picture. The black limbal ring doesn't seem too harsh as the transition is smooth, yet it really helps to make my eyes appear bigger.

Comfort: 2 / 5
When I first tried these lenses, I put in the right one and I had to remove it almost right away. It was really scratchy and uncomfortable. Unbearable for my sensitive eyes. However, the left one was a whole different story. It was really comfortable to wear and it made me wonder if my pair had any faults because the right one was just really uncomfortable. 
This is also the reason why I couldn't take any selfies wearing the lenses although I wish I could since I really like the design. However, I didn't want to damage my eyes just for the sake of it.

3 / 5

Since I only had problems with one of the lenses, I'd recommend these to anyone who looks for a really dolly look and wants their eyes to stand out. 

How do you like the lenses? Have you ever ordered from Klenspop before? 

I'll talk to you soon!

5 comments:

  1. your eyes looks more stunning with this lenses !

    http://amourpixie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the comfort with klenspop circle lenses...somehow there's always a contact where it feels normal and then there's one that's just unbearable! But the color looks super amazing on you! It blends in well with your natural eye color. :)

    Love, Aimee

    My Blog | Recent Blog Post - f(x) Red Light Luna Inspired Tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same pair of lenses and I agree to 100%! These lenses were quite uncomfortable for me too >.<; I think your right lens was damaged though you should have sent them an email asking them for a new one! They would have probably sent it to you for free T T

    Mindy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! I have a pair of cat eye lenses a few years ago but I'd love to get some new ones in different colours. I can't get over how much bigger they make your eyes look!
    Jodie xx
    www.santersgrotto.net

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet