Sunday, 24 August 2014

Beauty: Sample Spotlight #1

Today, I'm going to introduce a new post series to my blog: The Sample Spotlights. Previously, I used to do semi-detailed reviews on samples, but after a short while I realized that it wasn't really possible to say anything too specific about a product I only used once or twice. As the samples were piling up, however, I knew that I had to do something about them. Using them up without sharing my opinion about them wasn't really an option for my inner blogger. As a result, the Sample Spotlights were born. I hope you enjoy!

Missha Super Aqua Refreshing Cleansing Foam - 200ml for 13$
A very mild cleanser without any particles or beads in it that would provide a deep cleanse. It is more suitable for your morning skincare routine as it's very light and because you will need an extra product for a full face make-up removal. My face still felt clean after using it, but it's considerably gentler to the skin than other cleansers. The consistency is very creamy but it doesn't foam too well.

Etude House Know Your Body Soft Cream Scrub - 150ml for 7,32$
This is definitely the sample I was most excited about trying ever since I received it, even though I'm not much of a body scrub kind of girl. I'm one of those who uses the leftover shampoos as body wash. In all honesty, it was probably the baby pink satchet with the darker accents that caught my attention. What struck me first about this body scrub were the exfoliating beads in it. They did their job well and left my skin feeling super smooth. Or at least smoother than I'm used to. It smells like a rose bouquet - I loved it!

Etude House SunPrise Water Essence Gel SPF30/PA++ - 80ml for 15.80$
I tried this one a little while back and I thought I'd include it as long as it's somewhat justifiable to include a sunscreen. I wore this out on a really sunny day as a base for my BB cream so I can't tell how well it works on it's own. I didn't get a sunburned face even though I didn't even reapply this once so I suppose it did its job decently. The texture is very milky and it absorbs quickly.

I sincerely hope you enjoy my new post series! Let me know what you think or if you've tried any of these products before!

4 comments:

  1. I like this new post series, it's really easier to get to know some products

    xx, M | Brunette In Black

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this new series, such a good way to work through your reviews!

    Clare from Tweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love samples as you can try out so many fantastic products! The body scrub sounds fab

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
  4. the body scrub packaging is so cute! I'm glad you liked it :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet