Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Review: BBIA Downy Cheek Cream Blush #5 Downy Coral*

Before I start with the review, let me just tell you that manual white balance is a bliss, especially when you have to take your pictures on rainy days. Anyway, enough about that. If you've read my blog for a little longer, you'll probably know that I'm not big on blushes. The fear of using too much product and looking like a clown has always gained the upper hand when I contemplated picking up new items to experiment with. Well, what can I say. Cream blushes are a great way to get into the matter! 

A while ago, I was sent the BBIA Downy Cheek Cream Blush in #5 Downy Coral* for reviewing purposes and my fear has vanished ever since. Who knows, maybe I'm even daring enough to try a bronzer next? 


Anyway, the Downy Cheek Cream Blush by BBIA comes in five different shades (Pink, Peach, Apricot, Lavender and Coral) and is descirbed as especially longlasting as well as easy to use, which makes it a great blush for beginners. For 6.20$, you get 3.5g of product.


The transparent plastic case doesn't look too sturdy so I'd advise to carry it around with caution!


Swatches
indoors - sunlight - natural light (shade)
Performance
Downy Coral is an absolutely gorgeous coral toned blush. The shadein the pan is a little darker than in the promotional pictures but once applied, it looks very much alike. The application is super-easy. Two swipes of cream blush is enough to give your cheeks a natural, peachy glow. As it's a cream blush, it's pleasant to dab on and can be built up for a more dramatic and intense look. Despite its super creamy texture, I haven't noticed any fading throughout the day. My cheeks aren't overly dry so I can't judge whether it accentuates dry flakes or not. So far, the only real downside of this blush is the packaging as it's not as sturdy as I'd like it to be. 
I'd definitely recommend this product, especially if you're a little insecure whether or not you like cream blushes and want to try them out for the first time!

Final Rating: 4 / 5

What is your view on cream blushes? Do you like them? What is your favorite one?

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Never heard of this brand before.
    I like the look of this.
    Oh and your photographs are amazing!
    xx
    www.adrugstoreaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So ncie color ! :)

    My blog http://fashionaddiction-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the simplicity of the packaging, looks a bit flimsy though I do agree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazing cream blush! Never tried one but obviously I should!! Great review!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, I've never tried any cream blushers but I would love to! >.<;; I might want to check this out on my Hong Kong trip hehe~ I always wanted to try out orange blushers as well, I think I don't mind the packaging since I don't take blusher with me often ^^;;; Thanks for this review, Elina ^-^*

    Mindy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. the coral tone is pretty in here, I've never heard of this brand before! huh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woow looks pigmented and beautiful !!
    you'll look beautiful wearing it !
    already had the image on my mind

    http://amourpixie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet