Sunday, 31 August 2014

Review: Etude House Play Therapy Wash Off Pack Spot Care*

It feels like it has been far too long since I've done a proper review of a product, especially if it's taken into consideration that I'm actually a beauty and fashion blog. However, the wash-off pack I'm going to talk about today took a little longer to test than other products. Or maybe I just took a little longer to form a proper opinion.

The Etude House Play Therapy range consists of five different wash-off, clay sleeping packs, each targeting a different skincare areas, such as sebum control, brightening, firming and moisturizing the skin. The purple one, the Spot Care Wash Off Pack*, which I'm going to review today, is the spot care pack.

This item was kindly provided by Beautynetkorea.


This wash-off pack glides onto the skin providing care with its Super Food Complex and tea tree oil for areas that need treatment. The Super Food Complex is Etude's clear skin recipe containing nutritious well-being foods needed for the body including broccoli, blueberry and oats.

The Play Therapy packs come in a clear plastic wrapping and a silver seal, that indicates whether the product has been opened before or not. One tube contains 150ml (5.07fl oz.) and retails for 10.35$ (here).

The product description as well as the directions and ingredients are given in English at the back of the tube. One should apply this pack after the toner and let it sit for about 10 - 15 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.

Swatches


The pack has a very thick consistency and doesn't spread too easily. It smells strongly like tea tree oil, a scent I'm honestly not very fond of, and has a lilac color when it comes out of the tube.

Performance

Since the wash-off pack comes in a tube as opposed to a jar, it's very hygenic. However, it's a little harder to dispense that way and to find the right amount. It doesn't spread easily and I found myself struggling to apply a thicker layer at some parts because I was wiping off the previously applied mask. It can go from really sheer to opaque. I found that if you apply it a little thicker, it doesn't dry thoroughly in the 15 minutes so I usually left it on for a little longer.
After washing it off, my skin usually felt a little softer, but when I used to use it once a week, the spot care properties did not really strike me at extraordinary. Then, I decided to stop using it as face mask and started to only apply it to the problem spots, on a daily basis.
The product worked much better that way and I could see my spots diminishing over the course of a couple of days. Now, this is by far not a miracle product but I'd say that it does speed up the healing of spots if applied regularly. After all, the tea tree oil is only listed at the end of the second row of the ingredients list so it can't really contain that much.

Final Rating: 3.5 / 5

It's a decent pack but I'd have expected a little more from a "spot care" pack. This is definitely not a product worth repurchasing for me.

What are your favorite methods or products to fight breakouts and spots? 

5 comments:

  1. I usually just rely on my spot treatments to do the job, as I haven't found a mask that works as effectively as I would have liked. The Queen Helene Mint Julep is a good one for drying out spots.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the packaging on this one haha!

    Shame it didn't meet your expectations, i'm not really a face mask fan I never think they help much?

    ♥ Little Owl Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging is really cute :D I never used that kind of mask, but it looks interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was curious about this becuase of the packaging ^^

    Thank you for reviewing ~~
    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So interesting that this is purple! :) thanks for the review!

    allygong.com



    Connect with me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet