Sunday, 14 September 2014

How to: Style up your old beanie

A while ago, I was invited to participate in the austrianwide Loctite "Style up your..." Blogger competition, which involves giving an old accessory a new look using Loctite's new Style Superglue*. The winner of the competition gets to go on a weekend-trip to a European capital of their choice. I instantly got super excited and thought about what I could possibly style with the tube of superglue they kindly sent me. I discarded many ideas, such as styling up a transparent umbrella, until I settled on one that I was 100% pleased with. I wanted to create something that's not too over-the-top and that I could see myself wearing on a daily basis, especially in the colder months that are just around the corner. Autumn is usually about toned-down colors, such as mustard, forest green and grey. However, if you're like me and you're mostly drawn towards black and white outfits, adding a pop of color is never wrong! 

Here is my finished DIY rhinestone beanie!


Looks cool, doesn't it? I composed a little tutorial showing you how exactly I've done it. It's super easy and it only takes about an hour of time and a somewhat steady hand.

What you will need
An old beanie, Rhinestones, Superglue






You can find the Pinterest Pin to this tutorial here.

It would mean a lot to me if you could vote for me in the public voting once it starts on the 25th of September. I'll update the post on that date with a link and will let you know about it in my following posts! Thank you so much in advance!
Please let me know what you think!

11 comments:

  1. Love it! Such an easy DIY but it turned out super cute :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so cute.. I would do it if i owned a beanie ;)

    NelliesCloset

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! I need to actually get some beanies first though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a simple yet great idea, I would honestly have never thought of doing this!

    ♥ Little Owl Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great

    would you like to follow each other?
    i'll follow back after that
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought about doing this, may have to have ago!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah it looks cool, I love it! What an easy transformation and I have so many plain beanies laying around actually!


    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes yes!! anything Bejewelled / DIY Related IM IN!! I Love this project :)


    Serene


    xoxox


    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Na das sieht aber toll aus :D echt coole Idee, ich hab auch ein paar so langweilige Mützen zhaus. Danke für die Inspo :)
    Hab noch einen schönen Sonntag,
    Liebste Grüße, Julia
    www.chicchoolee.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet