Sunday, 21 September 2014

Review: MAC Russian Red Lipstick

MAC Russian Red Lipstick
I've you've been following my blog for a little longer, you'll know that I've been wanting to get my hands on MAC's Russian Red for what feels like forever. Everytime I've dropped by at my MAC counter of choice, I've been playing with the thought of picking it up but I never ended up doing so. So, on my latest trip to the MAC counter, when I finally managed to justify spending 19€ on a lipstick, it was sold out. As were Rebel and Ruby Woo, so I left empty handed yet again. Eventually, an online order happened and now I can finally say I'm a proud owner of Russian Red (as well as a Studio Fix Foundation, which I'll talk about at a later date).

MAC's Russian Red is an intense blue-ish red lipstick with a matte finish, that suits just about every skintone. It's especially flattering as the blue undertone makes your teeth seem whiter. One lipstick contains 3g of product. The price varies depending on your currency. 

MAC Russian Red Lipstick

Swatches
indoors - natural light (window) - flash

MAC Russian Red Lipstick Swatch
Performance
(pictures taken with flash)

MAC Russian Red Lipstick
This lipstick is absolutely beautiful. The colour is super flattering and perfect for the upcoming autumn and winter months. The pigmentation is really good, it applies evenly and it lasts super long. I've worn it out to lunch and it stayed in place all throughout eating and drinking. Just like other heavy-coverage lip products, it leaves an outline on your lips as it wears off so I would recommend a touch-up every copule of hours, especially if you use lipbalm on top of your lipstick. 
Even though this is a matte lipstick, it doesn't dry out my lips that much. Every couple of hours, I use a bit of lipbalm on top to keep them hydrated, which I have to do anyway if I wear lip products.
Russian Red looks more than decent on its own, but I would recommend a lipliner for a neater look. If Russian Red isn't matte enough for you, I'd highly recommend Ruby Woo. It's a similar, yet a little lighter, shade with a retro matte finish. 

5 / 5

It's so hard to to an unbiased review about this lipstick, I just love it way too much. 

Do you have a favourite MAC lipstick? If so, what shade is it?

7 comments:

  1. look how fab it looks on you! perfect


    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! :)




    http://milkyrabbit.blogspot.it/2014/09/oasap-hot-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you finally picked this up, it's such a stunning colour and I love how it looks on blondes. Gorgeous for this time of year, too. Delighted you like it as much as I do! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think this is one of MAC best reds, I love the depth to the red, it doesn't look cheap like some!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely! It's a lovely deep red, reminds me of one of the Rimmel Kate lipsticks I have - need to dig it out! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a lovely colour! I knew I'd love it as soon as I picked it up! I can't wait to create some make-up looks with this lipstick in the focus. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This colour looks amazing on you, love how vibrant it is!

    xoxo Nikki @ ourpreciouswonders.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet