Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Austrian Fashionblogger Meetup in Vienna


Last Saturday, the lovely Tina from Citylover.at organized the first Austrian Fashionblogger meetupin Vienna. 20 fashion-enthusiastic girls from all over Austria ended up travelling to the capital for lunch. Doesn't sound too exciting in comparison to the blogger events from the UK with loads of brand involved? Well, let me tell you that: we had a lot of fun! (Although I do have to admit that I'd love to go to one of these huge UK blogger events one day.)

At 2pm we met at The Room, a gorgeous restaurant that serves the by far prettiest iced tea that I've ever seen. I was about half an hour early so I had plenty of time to study the menu before the girls arrived in smaller groups. I have to admit that I was very nervous to meet all these wonderful bloggers who I've been following for months but hadn't talked to yet besides via various comment forms. My doubts were unjustified, however, as everyone was absolutely lovely.

from left: Verena (WhoisMocca?), Lina (GlitteryPeonies) and Maxie (maxie-renée)

from left: Theresa (Theri's Wardrobe), Denise (c-overthetop), some lovely girls that I don't recognize thanks to the depth of focus and Valeria (valeriannala).
The Room has a lovely interior, but the atmosphere in the restaurant was a little lackluster that day. That did nothing to our cheerful conversations, though. Loads of topics were discussed: from blog design to degree courses, from designer bags to photography advice. Nothing was left out, questions were answered, tips were shared... It was wonderful! If I had to draw a comparison, I'd say it was very much like a Twitter chat but with much less drama and far more structure (I'm looking at you, PR & sponsorship discussions). 

One of the main attraction next to our engaging conversations was definitely the food. Everything looked so tasty and the presentation on the plates was so nice! Which is exactly why every single blogger girl had to snap multiple pictures of their and possible their neighbour's food before taking a bite. I was the only one to try the "The Room Burger" and I have to say that it was totally worth it. It was no doubt one of the best burgers I've ever eaten and don't get me started on the chips. So yummy! They were served with a cocktail sauce and a mockup newspaper page for decoration.
All in all, it was a very lovely afternoon. I had arrived at The Room not knowing a single blogger in person, but I left with some really lovely new friends.  We all agreed that we had to repeat this as soon as possible and I honestly can't wait!
Have you ever been to a blogger event?

5 comments:

  1. Sieht nach einem tollen Tag aus <3 Jetzt bereu ich's noch viel mehr, dass ich nicht dort war!


    Liebe Grüße
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deine Bilder sind richtig toll geworden :)
    Und dein leckerer Burger! Beim nächsten Bloggertreffen muss ich auch meine Kamera mitnehmen :D

    Liebe Grüße Ina von MALUE - www.malue.at
    Instagram|Facebook|Bloglovin|Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun & the food looks good!


    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hach wäre echt gerne dabei gewesen! Tolle Bilder! Alles Liebe Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oje, das Event habe ich gar nicht mitbekommen :(

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet