Sunday, 12 October 2014

Beauty: Hairburst* - My Hair Journey

hairburst
When I got the chance to try out a 1 month supply of Hairburst*, I instantly jumped at the chance. The supplement previously known as Hairvits that is supposed to burst your growth and make your hair more healthy from the inside has been big over on Instagram for the last couple of months. It stirred a lot of controversity, many users marked it down as a fake and showed a lot of doubt if it actually worked, which is why I wanted to test it and share my experience even more. 
The supplement adds a variety of vitamins and other beneficial substances to your diet, which aim to increase your hair's health and quality. The product promises to boost thickness, shine, manageability and much more. It only contains natural ingredients, most of which are water-soluble, which makes it a clean and natural supplement. You can take a look at the full ingredients list and more information as to how it works on the official website
My Results
First off, it is important to know how Hairburst works in order to understand what to expect from it. If you're already leading a super healthy lifestyle and supply your body with all the important vitamins, it may not do as much as you expect it to, as your body will dispose excess vitamins naturally. However, your hair would surely profit from the rest of the ingredients.

Left: 63cm - Right: 66cm
Hairburst Results
The faint line shows how much my hair has grown in one month of taking the supplement. You can see that it has definitely gotten longer, which makes it look a lot fuller thanks to my layers. 
Hair grows an average of 1cm (0.5inch) a month. While taking Hairburst, I noticed a rapid increase of growth of 2cm above average, which is quite impressive if I may say so. The overall health increase was a little lackluster, but I have to admit that this might be because my hair has been chemically processed multiple times and I consider it at a point of no return. I did not notice any difference in shedding. 

The Supplement
For it to work, you have to take two capsules a day, preferably before breakfast. The capsules are quite large, as shown by the picture below, and not the most pleasant to take. 
Hairburst Size
One capsule is a little longer than 2cm, which makes it quite hard to swallow. You will have to drink a lot of fluid with it. I have to admit that I couldn't really get used to it and it was always more of a chore than a pleasure to take it. Additionally, the product has a really distinctive smell, which is not very pleasant either. I would not recommend this supplement if you're having trouble swallowing pills or controlling your gag reflex. It's not unusual for vitamins to smell gross, but I just wanted to bring out that Hairburst is not an exception.

Final Thoughts
While the supplement definitely worked for me, I'm definitely sure that I won't repurchase it now that I've finished my one month supply. The reason for that is that it is just way too hard to get down due to the capsule size and the smell. However, it definitely inspired me to improve my diet and to live a healthier and more focused lifestyle so I can supply my body with the vitamis that my hair needs to grow healthy and strong. 

7 comments:

  1. ooh glad they worked for you!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win raybans worth £129! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the transformation and how well it worked for your hair! amazing


    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to see that it worked for you, but I can understand why you would not repurchase. I hate taking those capsules. Especially when they're large and hard to swallow :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a lot of growth over a month! I feel like I need to start taking more vitamins and work on a healthier lifestyle as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is so cool! I need to try this!


    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very sorry if you do not believe me but I can assure you that these pictures were taken one month apart. If you have been dyeing your hair for so long, you'll easily be able to tell that the roots on the first picture are about 1cm long while on the second picture, in which my hair is lying differently, they are considerably longer. My hair IS oily in the second picture, so what? If you have a problem with me, suck it up, I don't care. If you have a problem with Hairburst, I'd kindly ask you to direct it at their customer service instead of me. Thank you very much, have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet