Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Review: MAC Frank-n-Furter Lipstick (Rocky Horror Picture Show Limited Edition)

MAC Rocky Horror Picture Show Frank-N-Furter Lipstick
MAC's Rocky Horror Picture Show Limited Collection is out! And guess who picked up another red lipstick. That's right, me. I know, I know, I just picked up Russian Red a few weeks ago, but I just couldn't resist the new collection. Especially not after I was told exactly how limited it was and that they only had two of these gorgeous, dark red lipsticks called "Frank-n-Furter" left for sale, only a couple hours after the collection had been officially released. Of course, I couldn't bear the thought of missing out and gave in to the urge of getting it. 

MAC Rocky Horror Picture Show Frank-N-Furter Lipstick
 MAC Frank-n-Furter
A gorgeous blue-toned red that lies somewhat inbetween Russian Red and Diva. It works really well with a darker lipliner, like for example MAC's Vino, also from the RHPS collection. MAC's official website describes the colour as a deep raspberry wine shade, which is absolutely dead on in my opinion. The lipstick has a matte finish and retails for a little more than the regular MAC lipsticks. (22€ as opposed to 19,95€)

Swatches
indoors - flash - natural light

Comparison to Russian Red
picture taken with flash
Performance
top: indoors, bottom: flash
MAC Rocky Horror Picture Show Frank-N-Furter Lipstick worn
So, I was a little worried if this buy would be worth it for someone who already owns Russian Red as the bullets do look very similar. Frank-n-Furter is slightly more blue-toned and thus looks more berry-toned than Russian Red, which makes it a great colour for autumn and also slightly more wearable. It's just as easy to wear and it will make your teeth look whiter as it has blue undertones.I think this is an absolutely gorgeous colour. If you like Russian Red but you think it's a tad too light, you will love Frank-n-Furter. 
Is it absolutely necessary to have it? I think that depends on various factors. If you enjoy wearing a red lip, it's definitely worth picking up. If you're into collecting MAC lipsticks, then get it. If Russian Red is your holy grail lipstick and you're not into trying out new things, you don't need this lipstick.

Now, if you like what you see and feel like you need to get your hands on this lipstick, I'd advise you to hurry. These sell out super quickly!

7 comments:

  1. That lipstick is gorgeous! I'm really liking the look of this collection from photos online so I might end up picking up a lipstick from it. I'm of the opinion that a lady can never have too many lipsticks!


    LongHairAndLashes.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh the lipstick is so gorgeous! i love it and looks great on you


    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you are right... that colour is gorgeous! I will definitely be adding that and Vino to my collection as fast as I can!!

    Alice xo
    www.shesthunderstorms.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these shades for fall! MAC never disappoints :) Following you on twitter, instagram, pinterest, and bloglovin to stay in touch! :)


    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay
    Bloglovin
    Pinterest
    Twitter
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an amazing shade, I love the berry tone that it has to it!

    The
    Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this shade! Too bad it's sold out now online :( I can't find it anywhere

    Shanna | http://mycurvesandlashes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet