Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Review: MAC Pro Longwear Foundation NW13

Mac Pro Longwear Foundation NW13 SPF10


Aren't we all looking for that perfectly matching foundation? It's not an easy task to find it, yet it is so important. A good base makes or breaks a look, which is exactly why I got myself matched at MAC and subsequently splurged on the MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation in NW13. Granted, it took me some time to justify the purchase, but I have not regretted it since. Let me tell you why!

As a pale girl, it is such a chore to find a foundation with the perfect undertone that doesn't come off too dark or even orange on my skin. MAC's colour range finally convinced me and I found my match in the NW13, a light beige foundation with warm undertones.

Swatches
indoors - flash - natural light
Performance
indoors - with flash
Mac Pro Longwear NW 13 SPF 10 Foundation Worn

MAC's Pro Longwear foundation has a very lovely, matte finish with a natural glow and provides a buildable, medium coverage. It conceals rednesses, minor spots and it gives my dark circles a very light touch-up. For meaner spots and serious dark-circle coverage, a concealer is needed as you can see in the pictures above. The product's consistency is very runny. I prefer to apply it with a brush but a beauty blender will work really well, too, especially if you're going for a lighter and dewier look.
What I also like about this product is the added SPF. This might not make it your go-to foundation for photoshootings as the SPF can wash you out in combination with heavy flash usage, but the extra sun protection makes it even better for daily wear. If applied correctly, this foundation stays on my normal skin until I decide to remove it again. There is some minor fading throughout the day, which is completely normal and expected.
All in all, this is a lovely product and I'm certainly going to repurchase it again when I run out. Which may take a while as I only need one pump to cover my whole face!

5 / 5 

What do you prefer in a foundation: Heavy coverage or a more natural finish?

3 comments:

  1. I like my make-up somewhere in between natural and heavy, I don't like it too sheer but nobody wants it to look cakey! I tried face and body by mac but the colour match was never quite right so I ended up finding a favourite in NARS sheer glow instead, it's worth a go if you haven't tried it I highly recommend it!


    Sammy xo.


    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love a natural finish as i detest cakey face but i want a full coverage too. ahhh sounds like an amazing foundation for you.


    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this foundation looks beautiful on you! ^ ___ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet