Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Tutorial: Winged Eyeliner for Hooded Eyes



When I started getting more into beauty and eye make up in particular, it didn't take me long to notice that all these fancy eyeshadow and liner tutorials just weren't working on me. At first, I thought I was doing something wrong, but after a while, I realized that my eye shape was simply different than that of the people who did the tutorials. Sounds familiar? Well, chances are you have hooded eyelids as well.

If you have hooded eyelids that means that you have a fold of skin that covers your lid partly, making your eyes appear less open and smaller than they are. A hooded eye is an eye that is set in such a way that the natural crease in the eyelid is not readily seen. That means, that, in order to apply different make-up tutorials to your eyelids, you might have to modify them to make them work. Which is why I'm going to show you how I'm doing my winged eyeliner. This is for all of you, who struggle with their lids eating their eye-make up.

What you will need: A good primer, your eyeliner of choice. (I'm using a felt-tip eyeliner)

1) Prime your eyelids so your eyeliner won't transfer to your crease later on.
2) Draw a thin line along your upper lashline.
3) Draw your wing. I like to orient myself by the end of my eyebrows. I also do this with my eyes open so I can see where the wing will be pointing. 
4) Open your eyes and connect the wing of your eyeliner with the thin base you created. 
5) Fill it in completely and thicken the line on demand. 

Tip: Keep opening and closing your eyes so you can see what you're doing and what will / won't show up on your lids.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you have further questions, please let me know in the comments and I'll do my best to answer them!

8 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! Your eye liner looks amazing :) I used to wing my eye liner all the time when I was in high school... I don't do it as much any more so I think it'll take me a few tries to get it to look as good as yours :D

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant tutorial. Love it!

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so effective! Thanks for the tips, I'm terrible with applying eye liner :p


    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial. I really wished I had hooded eyes but it sucks being Asian. I tried to use this tutorial on my eyes but it just didn't turn out as nice as yours.

    xoxo, Yu Chang
    Spine Breaker Blog | The #SpinebreakerChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really sorry that the tutorial didn't work for you. Asian eyeshapes (especially monolids) are so much different from caucasian ones, a hooded eyelid would look very different on you than it does on me. Mine aren't fully hooded yet, but they'll get worse as I age. I think that Asian eyes (pardon the generalization) work really well with false lashes and puppy eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my besties has the same problem! I had a little bit of difficulty applying her eye makeup before because she had hooded eyelids as well and the eye makeup won't show @__@ I should try this tutorial of yours on her the next time we see each other XD Thanks so much Elina! <333

    xoxo
    Strawberry Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like one of my eyes is different than the other, so I can never get them even!! it's so hard! This is a great tutorial though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice tutorial. anw love ur eyes, so pretty :D

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet