Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Beauty: A Dupe for the Original Beauty Blender?

Beauty Blender Dupe Ebelin Präzisions Make Up Ei
It's pink, it's egg-shaped and I got so excited about it that I used it before taking proper pictures for the blog. Although I do preach that high quality tools are worth it, I just can't justify buying a make-up sponge for 20 dollars, which is why I've been on the constant lookout for a cheaper alternative. Now, it seems like I've been lucky. The ebelin Professional Präzisions Make Up Ei is available in Germany and Austria, costs about 4€ and does a pretty damn good job at applying products.

Beauty Blender Dupe Ebelin Präzisions Make Up Ei
Just like the original Beauty Blender, this sponge comes in a hot pink colour and expands when it comes in contact with water. It has two ends, one for covering larger areas and one that reaches into corners pretty well. It feels very soft against my skin and gives it that dewy finish that everyone loves about a good Beauty Blender. 
It's a bit of a pain to clean, which I don't think is a huge problem as due to the price tag you won't have to feel bad if you ditch yours for a new one once every two months. 

Have you found a good dupe for the Beauty Blender yet or do you prefer the original?

10 comments:

  1. I use this one from Balea, too. It is great and super affordable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my this looks exactly like the original Beauty Blender! ^ - ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahooo ... looks eactky like the real one. great post


    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried this or the beauty blender but I would like to one day! I do prefer sponges over brushes to apply my foundation!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of these, it's AMAZING!! I need to get a fresh one though, mine is pretty dirty now (and pretty old) but I love it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That one looks amazing, I used the one from Real Techniques and it works really well! xx


    Bea // classyandtrendy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It totally is! I'm so glad I found out about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sponges give such a great, natural finish! I use both depending on the look I'm going for, but this little sponge has become my go-to tool for every day looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to get a fresh one too, I accidentally dropped mine the other day and gave it a real good wash afterwards but I'm still a litte unsure whether it was sufficient. Good thing they're inexpensive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard loads of good things about the Real Techniques sponge, too, but I'm not a big fan of the brand itself. I do think it's a great, internationally accessible alternative, though! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet