Monday, 24 November 2014

Christmas Gifts: For Her

gifting guide christmas gifts stocking stuffers fillers yankee candle shop dixi urban outfitters


It's only the middle (end) of November but slowly, everything is starting to get more and more festive in preparation of Christmas. I can't deny that I haven't thought about getting my Christmas purchases out of the way as soon as possible so I won't have to bear with the last-minute shoppers, so I thought that I'd present you my top christmas present picks for your significant other, your bestie or anyone else you'd like to give a present to. 
The first post I'm dedicating to christmas gifting is a generic guide for getting the right present for a female friend. Initially, I thought that it would be fairly easy to get a nice trinket for a female but since my boyfriend has been asking me what I'd like so many times, I guess it's not. Haha! 
My first advice would be to know the person you're getting something for very well. It's usually fairly easy to come up with something suitable as long as you're familiar with someone's personal style, interests and hobbies. 

Jewelry
A no-brainer. Well, as long as you know what the person you're bestowing likes to wear. Don't go for something that you might like - unless you're super similar - but pay attention to what she is usually wearing and look for something that would go along with it. 

Make-Up & Skincare bits
This is where it gets a little hairy if you don't know her skin type or foundation shade. An easy way around that problem is to keep an eye open for any hints. Has she been mentioning a certain high-end product she'd love to give a go more than once? 
If you're not too sure what to get, nail varnish is a good option! Plus, there are countless of great value beauty gift sets on the market right now. You can find them at Ulta, SpaceNK, Sephora or even at your local drugstore. Get your hands on them while they're still around! Another safe pick are bath goodies from Lush or The Body Shop. I mean, who doesn't love a nice, relaxing bath? 

Accessories
Sunglasses, Hats, Bags, Shoes... the possibilities are endless and I guarantee that you'll find something for every taste. I would advise you not to go for something super-festive but rather to gift something that can be worn all-year-round and that is not restricted to November and December. 

Clothes
The same rules as above apply. A christmas-themed sweater might seem like a good idea, but trust me, it's not. If you're going this route it's super important to know her size. Getting an ill-fitting piece of clothing would be unfortunate. But it could happen, nevertheless, so please make sure to keep the receipt, just in case! Note: Couples might even consider a nice set of lingerie, which is definitely a viable option. 

Candles & Other Interior bits
Everybody loves candles! Err, not exactly, but they're a decent option if you're out of options! Yankee candles are probably my favourites, but you could also go for Diptique if it should be a little more luxurious. Interior decorations with a purpose, like for example a jewelry holder, are also great and show that you put some thought in your present instead of rushing around stores for various different gift cards.

Gimmicks & Gadgets
Maybe you fancy something a little laid back? A disposable camera would certainly be a lot of fun to capture the upcoming New Years party with, don't you think? These small bits could also easily be stocking stuffers.

I hope I could make your gifting decisions a little easier! I'm going to follow up with a guide "for him" next monday! Stay tuned! 

8 comments:

  1. You seriously got this spot on! Wouldn't mind receiving any of these gifts to be honest :D Love the ring and choker a lot!

    ♥ Little Owl Diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that bracelet top! i want for christmas to haha oh btw Check out my blog i have a fab giveaway up!


    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very exciting!! We are in this exact same stage in life and completely understand the internal struggle. Best of luck on your new adventure! Can't wait to see the beautiful home you guys.pick out... Know you will style it just perfectly.crystal globe award trophy,love you post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think any palettes are cool as gifts because theres gotta be at least some colors in there the gift receiver likes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice ideas!

    Maria

    http://stylelistbyme.blogspot.com/

    http://instagram.com/maria_tatarskaya/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You came up with a great guide, I love the burger clutch and I agree - nail polish is definitely a great and easy gift for anyone!



    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the homeware pieces, but to be honest it's all absolutely beautiful, wish I had put some on my wishlist now xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet