Thursday, 8 January 2015

Style Round-Up: Half of 2014

For me, 2014 was the year in which I started to prioritize fashion blogging over beauty- or lifestyle-blogging, which is why I thought it'd be quite nice to have a look at my personal OOTD favourites. I'm only doing the second half, though, as I only started to fashion blog actively in the summer. Well, here's onto my favourites! Can you spot the theme?


The first (halfway-)decent outfit post I managed to put together. My hair was bleached in a super bright yellow, I felt super awkward in front of the camera, but I somehow looked quite confident in the pictures. This is where it all started. The skirt has now been moved to the back of my closet while I still wear the blazer for work. The boots - well, you'll know them pretty well by now, I guess!



I was rocking the same bleach blonde hair (Lord, have mercy) and had just gotten a trim. This was around the time when I finally mustered up and got confident enough to take pictures in town - albeit these were taken on a Sunday with hardly anyone around. Same ol' boots, rocking a little bit of a tan and wearing a necklace that I misplaced shortly after. I also wanted to look as normal as possible that time.


After trying to fit in among other fashion bloggers as much as possible, I finally let my inner geek leak out a little when wearing my Map of Middle Earth leggings. Sadly, the pictures of this outfit are a bit blurry and out of focus, but I promise you that this won't be the last time you'll see these leggings on my blog.


This is probably my favourite summer outfit, which is why I was super happy to return to the exact same scene later that year to do another outfit shoot


These pictures feel like ages ago, honestly. I love the patterned floor in this one way more than the outfit. I mean, let's be real: The cardigan doesn't suit me at all. 


A feminine biker outfit. What I really would like to point out is the way that not only my outfits are improving, but the photography as well. I mean, kudos to my awesome boyfriend for that. It's insane how much better he got in only half a year of practice. 


Choosing the December outfit was by far the hardest. I could add three or more and wouldn't do the month any justice so I just went for my personal favourite as I think it's the one that visualizes my current style the best. I'm currently all about grunge (with a couple of bohemian digressions) and vintage, which is why I chose this picture in particular as my sidebar image. 

I hope you enjoyed my round-up of 2014 as well as my style-transformation! I'm super excited as to what 2015 is going to bring and in what direction it'll lead me. For once, I can say that, style-wise, I'm happy with where I am and that I totally feel like myself. 

For more recent outfits, please visit my Outfit category in my sidebar.

14 comments:

  1. 'A Gem from primark' is my favourite, a very cute look. Although all of them are beautiful, you look so lovely! I can never feel comfortable in my OOTD's xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that you were wearing that much black.. But i love all of the outfits!

    NelliesCloset

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that second outfit with the playsuit on you, that is gorgeous & really suits you!

    Sarah-Jane xo // http://www.vmgirl.me/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such amazing looks! I can't possibly choose a favourite <3 You look beautiful and have stunning style!

    Xxx

    http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfits! I have nominated you for the Liebster blog award.

    Check out the link for more info xx

    http://lauraelizabethcartwright.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the nomination but I won't take any more of these awards. It used to be for people with less than 200 followers as far as I know and I already got two of these back in the day. I think I can do without them now, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot, Joanne! I'm glad that you like my style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad someone remembers the first outfit! I felt soo good about it back then and now it kinda makes me cringe. :,D Also, I do wear the H&M boots a lot, don't I? Yeah, my boyfriend is amazing. I have no idea what I'd do without him.
    Thank you for stopping by, Jessica! I always appreciate your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Sarah-Jane! That's one of the few ones I could still see myself wearing today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do, don't I? Black is just so easy to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, Jessica! Granted, I don't dress like I do for my blog every single day. I would love to but wearing a delicate blouse or a nice shirt with loads of jewelry around the house just feels wrong to me. For me, it's all about comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah, Disqus ate my last comment. I love the Middle-earth leggings! LOTR = my life :)


    Sara // dearskim.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the august look! So chic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your style. Very happy to have found your gorgeous blog :D
    Victoria xx
    thedaisyjaynes.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! :) Thank you for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it! I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet